What are you doing with your weekend?

You sound like you are having as much fun as me mate ATM.

Loads of relatives in hospital, including me and the wife. Not good. Amy still is t too cracking now tbh.

I hope you mrs gets better soon mate.

does anybody else have a fettish for buying tools?

i actually think i have a problem, i cant stop buying!

i just spent another £91 on a laser level, in the past 6 months i have spent well over £600 easy including rothenburger pipe benders at 90 quid a set.

i think i need a ban on buying stuff on the tinterweb!

does anybody else have a fettish for buying tools?

i actually think i have a problem, i cant stop buying!

i just spent another £91 on a laser level, in the past 6 months i have spent well over £600 easy including rothenburger pipe benders at 90 quid a set.

i think i need a ban on buying stuff on the tinterweb!

Shocking for it fella! Soon as I see something new and shiny I have to buy it.
Got a tool chest and roller cab full of stuff that I have never even used at home! I am sure I get it from work! :worried: :001_huh:

Then when I go in a tool shop its :jump1:

i think its actually a disease!

i have spent a fortune, new tape measures, new ratchet spanners, fine permanent markers, screw drivers even a sack truck lol

I had a little fettish for Bahco adjustables. Got a 4", 6", 8", 8" wide jaw, 10" and 12"! Lol! The normal 8" and the 10" are pointless with the 8" wide jaw though. Good tool that. What pipe bender have you bought? I use a Hilmor 15mm and 22mm. I've got a Rothenberger one on the van too though. But the only time I used it, it put ripples in the bend, so I carried on using the Hilmor. What blow lamp do you use too?

I've got a full set of bahco adjustables too!!!!

I also have a full set of king dick adjustables too!!! Lol

The pipe benders are rothenburger, I had a couple of other sets like silverline but I kept snapping them!

We don't use blow lamps on site anymore mate, you need a daily permit for everything now and there are faster ways of jointing available too.

Do you use the press fit fittings? I put a lot of that stuff in and its good. I think we had 1 leak out of the hundreds of fittings we fitted. I went on a course in Denmark earlier this year to a company called Logstor. They trained us on their bandmuff pre insulated pipe. Big stuff, like 12" diameter pipe in 60 metre lengths. Waste of time though, it's so expensive to get the equipment!

Aye mate, I'm a pipe fitter welder so I've worked on everything from 10 inch heating mains to fitting toilets.

We use press fit fitting because of the speed and reliability. I can pipe up huge domestic water installs in 2 to 3 weeks first and second fix that used to take 2 months!

Its really good stuff tbh. Especially the crimped stuff above 2 inch, it's a million times faster than welding.

Do you do any welding?

Aye mate, I'm a pipe fitter welder so I've worked on everything from 10 inch heating mains to fitting toilets.

We use press fit fitting because of the speed and reliability. I can pipe up huge domestic water installs in 2 to 3 weeks first and second fix that used to take 2 months!

Its really good stuff tbh. Especially the crimped stuff above 2 inch, it's a million times faster than welding.

Do you do any welding?

Might be quicker for you lads, Electricians hate them. Turns Bonding into a nightmare.

My sparks don't have a problem with them. The copper still makes contact and carries continuity through out the installation.

am i the only one who had to work all weekend... i'd really love a weekend off to do nothing!

I wish I had a weekend off doing nothing, I wasn't at work but I had college work to do, a weeks worth of washing, hoovering, washing up, putting clothes away.

I still have to jump in the bath and change the sheets yet!!!

These days it feels like I don't stop.

Na, never welded a thing! Only the electro fusion welding on the logstor pre insulated. I do soldering on small stuff, but used the press fit on a big installtion I did as a one off. I mainly do domestic gas service and maintenance now.

I see, I'm sort of a foreman, I'm a chargehand if you know what that is. Im a pipe fitter / welder but I work for the small works team at an maintenance company.

Our jobs arnt big enough to need foremen but I have to do everything from designing small installations to doing take offs and ordering to fitting and welding the installations.

It's quite good tbh, most of it these days is crimped but i still get all of job satisfaction.

Who is it that you work for?