Weird Keyless issues

NickW

Paid Member
Bought my 200 in October and the keyless worked perfectly. A few months ago, the first thing to go was the button on the drivers door, everything else worked as it should. Over a period of a few weeks, I noticed that the keyless was becoming intermittent on locking, unlocking and starting the car. I then also got the message that the batteries were getting low in the cards. So, swapped them out and this initially seemed to sort the issue. However, I was soon getting more problems and the intermittent issues came back, this time the problem would last for longer. Eventually, all the keyless features have now stopped. Swapped the batteries the cards again, but this made no difference. The buttons on the cars work fine and it starts fine in the card slot.

I find it weird, that it didn't just stop overnight, it was more of a long drawn out process. Anyone experience this before?

Cheers,Nick.

How's the car battery itself? When I have keyless starting issues, I find its been either the car battery or the key battery (so far).

Well, don’t I feel like a complete moron! I always had one card that worked better than the other and when I swapped the batteries my decent card stopped working completely, so I’ve been using the one where keyless was always an issue. Anyway, had a look at the card which I used to use and like a complete idiot, I’d left the little sticker on the battery!!
Took it off and keyless is now working fine again (other than the drivers door button, but that’s a different matter!)

There is an ad on eBay advertising fixes for these Clio keys and they will put a new case on it for a bit extra. Might be worth doing for your spare