Weather Strips/Rubber Seals, B-Pillar/Rear Window

CallorFold

Platinum Member
-- Presume this comes under body work? If not feel free to move to appropriate forum --

I noticed the other day my 197 appears to have the weather strips/rubber removed (presumably because they seem to go a bit manky and fall apart), and it was obviously never replaced.

I've found the following on ebay, and confirmed the colour is black and fits MK3 Clio - I assume this will be OK for Clio RS - no different size or fit to a standard MK3 Clio?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/151135944762

Is it even worth replacing these strips?

Those would do the trick, they are exactly the same on the RS as a standard Clio.

Entirely up to you but they look tidy when fitted correctly. Just make sure everything is clean and residue from previous strips is removed or you will be replacing the new ones in no time lol.

Is it even worth replacing these strips?

Yes, it would be stupid not too as they stop water getting into the car via the B-Pillar. Whoever removed them and didn't replace them either didn't know what they were doing, or was just too damn lazy to replace them.

Thanks Eddie and JMax, I can only assume they were too lazy to replace them once removed.

I did notice after some heavy rain, there was water residue just inside the door, however it didn't look like it was anywhere close to making it inside the car as there's another seal around the door. Will replace for peace of mind, they look pretty easy to fit.

The window appears to be sealed and also the door is sealed a little further inside the car. Moisture does seem to get just inside the door shuts, by where it locks though, so hopefully replacing these will prevent that.

I wouldn't expect to notice too much difference in wind noise as I've fitted wind deflectors anyway.