Wearing In new pads & discs

Alright guys
had new pads and discs fitted and want to get maximum life out of them

Just like a general idea on how to wear them in..
I got told to just not do any heavy braking, but have read about bedding in cycles..

Thoughts?

Google bedding brakes, the process and advise available from doing that will be far vaster than anyone can replicate here.

Basically you need to get them hot by doing a few 60-30mph brakes and let them cool off then repeat.

not just bedding in that prolongs life...

make sure the brakes are stripped and serviced yearly!

not just bedding in that prolongs life...

make sure the brakes are stripped and serviced yearly!

I know I constantly read your advice and decided I would follow!! And it lead to this :'(
Pads werent straight due to seizure. Awful.
So the new ones will be looked after!

Cheers guys..shall follow the bedding process..il have to find a good stretch of road late at night!

Alright guys
had new pads and discs fitted and want to get maximum life out of them

Just like a general idea on how to wear them in..
I got told to just not do any heavy braking, but have read about bedding in cycles..

Thoughts?

Not sure what set up you have gone for but the following links contain lots of good info on brakes.

http://www.ferodoracing.com/it/car_racing/pad_bedding.htm

http://www.ferodo.com/en-gb/TechnicalSupport/TechnicalTips/Pages/Technical-Tips.aspx

hope that helps.

Cheers for the replys chaps. Had a good read and done a few 60-10mph runs also completed 250miles over the weekend so they should be bedded!
It's also quite shocking how good the new brakes are in comparison..I knew they weren't right. .but not to the standard they are now :smile:

yeah my brakes were awful when i first got the car, fronts were seized and warped and the rear ones looked like they had been at the bottom of the sea for a couple years. changed to grooved discs all round with new pads, synthetic fluid and braided hoses and they are amazing now, has transformed the car