Wax Test

I know what you're saying Ricky, and I know I wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

From what I've read people say most waxes look the same on day 1 but a good quality wax will still look that good several months down the line, a poor quality wax will loose it's edge more quickly

I know what you're saying Ricky, and I know I wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

From what I've read people say most waxes look the same on day 1 but a good quality wax will still look that good several months down the line, a poor quality wax will loose it's edge more quickly

Agreed, because it's protecting the paint. When that protection fails then the polishing work is now susceptible to the elements, washing technique etc. I used to buy into the whole "which wax gives the best gloss" lark before I realised that it simply isn't true.

I'm not sure if I should believe it or not, i've tried a few different ones (Collinite/jetseal/wekstat acrylic kit) and whilst all work well I do think the werkstat gave more flake pop and a warmer glow to my old silver car. On the clio i've got collinite and want to try zymol glasur but its a bit risky when like you say, it could be no better than the collinite

I'm not sure if I should believe it or not, i've tried a few different ones (Collinite/jetseal/wekstat acrylic kit) and whilst all work well I do think the werkstat gave more flake pop and a warmer glow to my old silver car. On the clio i've got collinite and want to try zymol glasur but its a bit risky when like you say, it could be no better than the collinite

Best thing to do is get someone to do the test on you and see if you can see any difference. I used to detail professionally and have tried massive amounts of waxes, always kidding myself that there was a visible difference in them all - sadly there ain't.

Do the test and come to your own conclusions!

Wax makes zero difference to the visible outcome of a dry car. It beads water and it protects, nothing more and nothing less. Anyone that tries to say that they can see any difference from wax to wax is barmy.

That's really not true mate. Like ..... At all!

Ok mate, maybe you should check my website miglior.co.uk

Can you direct me towards the part that says waxes look different?

Edit - Also some photos to prove me wrong. I would love this to be the case but there's yet to be any evidence to support that there is any visible difference.

Are you really going to dispute someone who has waxed/sealed over 500 cars? Just because you can't see it doesn't mean it doesn't happen. Open your mind Ricky boy!

Are you really going to dispute someone who has waxed/sealed over 500 cars? Just because you can't see it doesn't mean it doesn't happen. Open your mind Ricky boy!

Yeah I am going to dispute it... as I used to be a pro-detailer myself so we are/were in the same boat. I've used plenty of waxes/sealants over the years from Collinite to Zymol and only recently when I tested 5 different waxes on a fully corrected bonnet of a car did it occur to me that the visible difference is nil.

Still waiting for the evidence on your website...

I think the difference is very slight if at all, whats more important is how the wax can be applied and how easily buffed up.

As for the length of time it lasts, we're all car nuts who wax at least monthly (weekly in a summer) and so any wax that lasts 6 months is useless to me anyway :smile:

I used to use Swissol Samuri - it about £70 a pot, i then used some cheaper stuff which was £20 a pot - sure the Swissol applied slightly better, and there might have been slight difference in depth, but like Rickyboy says, unless it was pointed out to you then you would be non the wiser, and then it could well be just your brain convincing you the more expensive stuff looked better anyway, the difference really was that negligible.

:smile:

I only wax my car once every 6 months. That's why I bought a good wax.

In between I wash it and top up with QD.