Water pump brand?

Hi guys,

Looking to get the cambelt and water pump changed out on my 197 as it's overdue, the car's done 55k miles but it's 6 years old, last owner didn't change it.

Is it worth buying a genuine Renault one, or can I get a non genuine unit which is just as reliable? Continental Contitech do a kit including a water pump, do they make these themselves? I've always trusted Contrinental as a brand, good old German engineering :wink:

Another options, and the cheapest, is FirstLine, anyone used them for a waterpump?

Cheers,
Jonny

A Contitech kit is £107 delivered for,
1 x Water Pump
1 x Tensioner Pulley, timing belt
1 x Deflection/Guide Pulley, timing belt
1 x Sealing-/Protection Plugs
1 x Timing Belt
1 x Cap / Cover
1 x Bush
1 x Screw / Bolt

or just a Firstline pump is around £35, but I've no idea on their quality.

A Contitech kit is £107 delivered for,
1 x Water Pump
1 x Tensioner Pulley, timing belt
1 x Deflection/Guide Pulley, timing belt
1 x Timing Belt
1 x Cap / Cover
1 x Bush
1 x Screw / Bolt

or just a Firstline pump is around £35, but I've no idea on their quality.

that at seems very cheap for the conti kit. I've never seen the kit sold with a water pump included, where is that at?

that at seems very cheap for the conti kit. I've never seen the kit sold with a water pump included, where is that at?

I found it here, http://www.mister-auto.co.uk/en/tim.../contitech-ct1130wp1_g3096_a031CT1130WP1.html

I didn't know Conti made pumps, but I checked it on their own site and they say they do - http://aam-europe.contitech.de/pages/kits/zahnriemen-kit-wapu/zahnriemen-kit-wapu_en.html

Worth going for or should I pay the extra to go with genuine Renault items?

Mister Auto don't deliver to the Channel Islands, I'm in Guernsey, so I can't take advantage of that bargain!

Will have to do some more shopping around to get the best deal, £166 for the Contitech is the best deal I've found so far for one which is in stock.

Smithandroper, can you supply a genuine water pump too, and at what price?

Cheers,
Jonny

From personal experience, I'd rather buy the genuine kit.

When I bought my car, the dealer I got it from fitted a Gates kit and my belts started to squeal after about a year so I had to get them done again, a cost to myself this time.

Just buy the proper kit and do it right the first time.