Warranty

Hi guys
Don't know what is best I get 3 months warranty with my car when I eventually pick it up . Now I've had a quote from warranty wise for 16 months warranty for £112 a quarter over 12 months include 1 month free and 3 months running beside the one I get from the garage . Should I do it or just put £30-£40 a month aside invade anything goes wrong . My car is on 72000 miles full service history and is having the cam belt waterpump etc as we speak . What do you all recon .
Thanks

From my experience I'd get it, but my clio went about 5-7 weeks between visits to the garage. Hence why it got sold. But a lad I work with bought his 197 the same weekend I got mine and he's had no trouble at all. whether it's worth it or not is all dependant on whether you draw the short straw. (As I did)

I guess it really depends what the warranty does and doesn't cover. If it's a good comprehensive list of things that are known to go wrong, go for it. If it covers the bare minimum, then it's probably not worth paying out for it.

Not really worth it in my opinion. You'd be better off putting money aside each month. Had one on my first car (206) and everything that went wrong with it wasn't covered by the warranty.

Thanks. Was in phone to them they said . Engine, gearbox , belts . Suspension pls most wear and tear items excluding brake discs pads and tyres and back box . But got to pay 20% of parts bill and £50 excess per claim . And can claim up to the value of the car .

Having never taken out an extended warranty from one of these companies I can't really comment on how good or bad they actually are. However from some of the things I've read online (not gospel, I know) is that they aren't always the most reliable when it comes to actually getting your money back....

Your own suggestion could probably the best imo - put some money aside every month (as much as you can afford to) and use that in case something goes wrong. You may be unlucky and have to dip into it regularly, or you may be very fortunate and have a nice little sum of cash at the end of 12 months :smile:

Last edited:
Absolutely. If it's the official Renault extended warranty go for it. They are good as gold and you don't even have to go to an official Renault dealer. Any vat registered garage can do the job.

I deal with them often at work, are really hit and miss. My mother-in-law has an AA one for her Mini. The flywheel failed so I took it into my work and changed it there. Would only pay what they could get a trade price flywheel for, and only £35 an hour (we usually charge 85+vat). I was fortunate as I got cost price for the flywheel and staff labour rate, otherwise she'd of had to pay £400 on top out of her own pocket. Worth checking what they'll contribute towards on labour and parts.