Warranty

Just having a wonder...

I have the bolt in cage on the 200. Will this affect my warranty in any way?
Doesnt particularly matter either way, as if it does, it's easy enough to take it out.

Also, if I were to put lowering springs on the car, would this void the whole warranty, or just the suspension part?
Ive been looking on ktecs website at the Eibach Pro springs... I need to stop being silly lol.
Again, if it does void, I can always put standards back on for it's visits to Renault.

from what i was told by the renault technician at my local dealers it only invalidates the warranty if that modification is the cause of a part to fail. So basically if ur shocks started to leak, it would be covered by warranty.

They might not cover interior rattles and trim squeaks due to the roll cage.

As for lowering springs, they might not cover shocks, bushes, cv joints, drive shafts etc.

Ahh good times. So they dont totally invalidate the warranty. Just the areas that are directly affected.

Next question: Lowering springs... Worth it?!! I sometimes look at the car and think "too much arch gap".
So much for not doing anything to this car :wink:

Tempted by Eibachs as well Paul. :smiley: But i dont think i would get on my drive.

I think there is only about 1cm clearance when going down my drive atm :wink:

My dad hated it when I had my slammed 1.2 Clio as whenever he wanted to go out, I had to move my car out of the way, so I cant see him being enthusiastic about this idea.

Im tempted to get some once I finish my degree in May, as kind of a "well done for dossing for 3 years".

I wouldn't bother with changing the suspension.

Surely the handling is the best thing about the car?

Yeah interior isn't covered for very long (the first year irc)...I maybe wrong. But I'm pretty sure bolting in a cage will affect it because as with all manufacturers they will try and get out of paying if they can I'm afraid. But to be honest I'm sure you wont get anything major and most things you can resolve yourself especially if you have a renault workshop CD Rom which will explain how to remove any interior panels etc...Few pence of ebay :smile: