Warranty work incidents advice

Need some advice lads, I recently left the Clio into Charles Hurst Renault Newtownabbey for a bit of bodywork warranty work. As we know the 197s suffer from a common rubbing of the rear window on the bootlid, so I wanted to get this sorted before it rubbed right through and the inevitable rust crept in.

That was all grand, got the go ahead from RUK and it was dropped in for a new bootlid. Just got the car back and its less than half a mile from my house to Renault Mallusk. Stuck it into the garage where it sits until spring and the fan kicks in right away, strange I think so I pop the bonnet.

Knowing every inch of the car, I knew someone had it open because of the way the prop stick was sitting. I can hear it hissing, with the under tray below a rusty colour and then noticed there was zero coolant in the tank. I open the expansion cap and its not as tight as I usually have it, usually takes a good grip and this took a light hand (may sound weird to most, but I know my car)

I fill it up to max with just water to see whats going on, goes down. Fill up again, goes down, and once more before I start looking for leaks. After a minute or so I can see water pouring out of under the car

Took a few videos, photos and stuff then rang Renault asking for them to call me first thing.

They called a week later and said the bodyshop knew nothing about it, weren't near the engine bay saying "why would we be", and the phonecall was basically left at "sooooo thats about it, nobody was near it"

Whats the chances of me having any kind of leg to stand on here if theres something wrong? I didn't want to start pulling the car apart to see whats going on incase they say i've been messing with it but now i've had their reply I guess i'm going to get stuck in

My turbogauge has the capability of being able to me the time, date and distance of any journeys taken but whether it's any use I don't know, its not what I use it for

Thoughts?

It's a fairly predictable response from the dealership to say it wasn't them - hardly likely that they'd own up immediately if they had done something wrong. But if it were me I would persist with it - write a letter to the dealer principle and explain your situation.

It's hard to prove they were at fault without any specific evidence, but I wouldn't back down too easily.

My first thought was they did a health check or something similar , with a view to giving you a quote for the things that are 'wrong' with the 197 (removed the lid to check strength of coolant) Did you receive anything like this ?

Whats this about a rear window rubbing through the bootlid? I've not heard anything like that before.

Iam so anal with mine re work being done I take photos in and out and the engine bay.But as been said to not give in good luck

Whats this about a rear window rubbing through the bootlid? I've not heard anything like that before.

Quite common, if you search 'boot rust' or 'bootlid rust' something like that you'll see it come up.

My first thought was they did a health check or something similar , with a view to giving you a quote for the things that are 'wrong' with the 197 (removed the lid to check strength of coolant) Did you receive anything like this ?

No nothing at all, and the battery is in the glovebox so no need to even pop it for that. I mean I can understand people having a nosey at modified cars, I know I certainly would. What someone would notice though is a car thats dumped its coolant everywhere, let alone the fact someone had the coolant cap off. I'll keep at them but not sure what angle to use