Warped?

Im in need of some advice, last time i went on a trackday to Oulton, near the end of the day my brakes started to shudder like they were warped. I stopped for half an hour and let them cool down & went back out, they were fine for 10 minutes then it returned.
Since then i haven't felt it once, but i haven't been on track since.

Is it possible they can be a tiny bit warped and as they heat up it can exaggerate the warp angle or whatever?
Im with standard discs & Yellowstuff.

Any ideas what it could be?

Last edited:
Brake warping is very very rare, most likely pad deposits on the discs.

Try finding a quiet bit of road and braking as hard as you can from a fairly high speed, 60-70mph if you can. You'll probably feel it again

Its been a 2 or so months since the trackday & i do brake hard often and never felt it since, but not enough constant braking to heat them up loads.

Sounds like a bit of an odd one to be honest, warped discs definitely wouldn't be an on and off thing. Pad deposits could be but bit hard to say

If they're fine at the moment I wouldn't worry about it

I hate these types of problem. Just when you think its ok again it will come back and bite you when can least afford to get it sorted.

I hope its nothing for you mate!

I had a similar feeling once when braking and followed BenW's advice a couple of times.

Sorted the vibration out and it hasn't been a problem since.

are you still running on the same wheels as during the trackday? I had an issue like that, thought its the warped disc and it turned out to be the wheels needed balancing again, done and no problem since

No, i was using different alloys with 888's on, but that wouldnt explain why it only happens once its been used for a while/heated up?

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
GrottyBananas Suspension, Brakes & Steering 1
GrumpyTwig Suspension, Brakes & Steering 8