Very interesting/confusing caliper info..

Well i was at the renault garage today picking up some bits from the parts desk and got talking about the calipers and pins etc and prices..

He then mention a standard front caliper ws around the £300 mark and then he posed the question to me;

'How much do you think the red one is?'

I replied probably about £100 more knowing renault, but no, to my disbelief he replied £170! I was told i could get two front red calipers for the price of one standard. I Nearly brought them there and then but bottled it lol.

Im thinking it must be an error but he guarenteed me that was the price and was ready to print out the invoice.

So if anyone needs there standard ones replacing, maybe its worth checking the price of the red ones just incase.

Typical French!

:huh:

Very odd! Mind you I have always been confused with Renaults pricing of parts!

so by standard you mean the the unpainted versions? So the exact same caliper, but painted red (better looking) is cheaper???

Just checking ive read that correctly...

when i priced them up it was the other way round a few years ago! I think there's a mistake somewhere!

Lol just save your money the red ones are a nightmare they chip to death when your throwing wheels on and off and when bleedingbthe brakes its inevitable you will lose the paint on the top, making them look rubbish.

Well if my experience is anything to go by I agree with the OP. About 18 months ago I was unfortunate enough to need a new caliper (due to the pins being TOTALLY seized in - tried heating and cutting to get them out!!). When I rang round to get prices for the caliper I was told more or less the same. Grey caliper ~ £310 and red ~ £180!

Similar Thread Suggestions