Various pics of my C3RS "Sport Auto Edition"

The one on the right in the second photo of post #3 is wrapped. You can barely make out a difference. Only under certain light conditions you'll notice that the paint has a little more "play" and is changing more. It can actually go from greenish to purple.

That's put together from various shots of my car under different light conditions.

SBzxQNN.jpg

-----

About six years ago...

XGTEXEI - Imgur.jpg

...today.

6877PMw.jpg

Last edited:
Met with @RSevo201 today to get his opinion about my new setup. Got approved by him so far. He asked me if we could also collect his car from the detailer. No problem but let's drive my "local track" before. While he was still behind the wheel and we were turning at a T-junction I spotted something colourful in the corner of my eye. Told him to look back. He goes nuts and says take some photos. I took some photos without really knowing what's going on.

SNV15591.jpg

SNV15592.jpg

SNV15593.jpg

He stopps at the next bus stop and the thing stopps next to us.

SNV15594.jpg

Tried to communicate but wasn't really possible because the thing was too loud.

SNV15595.jpg

The thing takes off again. Was a full-blown rally Evo with anti-lag, sequential box and on slicks.

Then we went on to collect his car.

SNV15600.jpg

SNV15608.jpg

SNV15609.jpg

On the parking lot I noticed that my front right is rubbing. :cry:

To chear me up a little he did let me drive his tracktoy. Completely different car with the setup he runs and all the Gucci like the CAE shifter.

I'm back from our joruney to the 11th Renault Sport & Alpine Meeting in Aix les Bains, France.

Here's a shot of my car on the Col de la Forclaz which was the goal of the first tour.

128.jpg

Got some signatures from Jean Ragnotti in/on my Clio now.

jeannot_01.jpg

jeannot_02.jpg

jeannot_03.jpg

Here's a link to an album with my photos from the visit. I took over 180.

Warning: Viewing the following photos may cause dislocated jaws and gasping!

11e Rassemblement Renault Sport & Alpine 2023 - Aix les Bains, France

:sunglasses:

Did some "free driving" at our local track with @RSevo201 and a buddy with his Meglio yesterday.

SNV16036.jpg

There also was a larger delegation of the local Hyundai N Division present but they didn't really wanted to play with us after they realised what they were dealing with. I also overtook a GR Yaris which "let lose" because he presumably got demoralized after RSevo201 blew by him. Was a fun day and also got the pleasure to get a passenger stint in the nearly finished M3RS Meglio swap.

Cherry Blossom (Sakura) on the "Mauerweg" (Wall path) in Berlin.

sakura_01.jpg

Background story: In 1990, out of joy over the reunification of Germany, the Japanes television station TV-Asahi called for a fundraising campaign to collect money for the planting of Japanese cherry trees in Germany. Enough donations were raised for over 9.000 trees, a large proportion of them went to Berlin.

On an other note. It's quite difficult to find tires for my rim size here. The only two choices for something more sporty and also road legal here at this point were Federal 595 RS-Pro or Michelin Cup 2. The first were sold out and can't be ordered anymore which ment I had to go for the Cup 2. They cost an arm and a leg in 215/40 R18. I'll put them on the second set of Interlagos rims that I've laying around since quite some time after these get repainted (powder coated).

Thanks. It was a hazzle to get it like that. I really loved the look with the 20mm spacers all around like in the pics on top of the page but that was undrivable as it was rubbing like crazy in the front. It actually felt more planted with the wider front but the turn-in wasn't that great compared to before (without spacers) and what it is now. I'm currently running 7mm in the front and also raised it about a 1cm again which works much better.

Reactions: Sean197