Vandals!!

What's the best way to get rid of this scratch, if I cant prove who did it and I have to pay for it? It's about 300mm long, and is deeper in the middle, but looks like most of the ends might polish out.

Or do I have to get a respray?! Any advice?

56108de6-45be-011d.jpg

56108de6-45c6-c8d2.jpg

56108de6-45d3-af59.jpg

56108de6-45e3-c1b0.jpg

Last edited:
you could try a machine polish and a cutting compound, or see if there is a local detailer that may be able to advise if they think it can be done without paint

i had that done to a 2 day old polo years back and found out it was an old boy, switched cc tv off and confronted him, found red paint on his keys so i did every panel on his BMW :smile:

After checking CCTV there's a 2 minute gap that I think it may have happened in. So I need to see it from the other camera. Builders are back in tomorrow so hopefully I'll get to the bottom of it.

Flakes from the paint were still there when I found it - I would have thought they would come off on the journey to work, if it had happened at home....

I don't want to retaliate, I just want them to pay for it. But being black it's crap because it'll always look repaired!

Gutted to say the least - maybe I should wrap my car so it looks pristine!!

you could try a machine polish and a cutting compound, or see if there is a local detailer that may be able to advise if they think it can be done without paint

i had that done to a 2 day old polo years back and found out it was an old boy, switched cc tv off and confronted him, found red paint on his keys so i did every panel on his BMW :smile:

Not that I condone this, but fair play! :thumbup:

Thats bang out of order, some tw@t ran over caroline's car once and left a massive dent in the roof. Would love to have got my hands on em.

Hope you get it sorted Joss

Annoying isnt it. Result today though, my boss spoke to the owner of the company, who is installing sky and Bose speakers all through the factory, whose fitter probably did the damage, and they agreed to pay for it by taking the amount off the bill for the work they're doing, and it'll get repaired by the guy that paints all our race car bodywork, so it'll be good work. All I have to do is book it in and deal without having the car for a day....

Just glad that I don't have to pay! Also I apologise for the longest sentence in the world!!

At least there are some honest people out there.Glad you getting it done now

Annoying isnt it. Result today though, my boss spoke to the owner of the company, who is installing sky and Bose speakers all through the factory, whose fitter probably did the damage, and they agreed to pay for it by taking the amount off the bill for the work they're doing, and it'll get repaired by the guy that paints all our race car bodywork, so it'll be good work. All I have to do is book it in and deal without having the car for a day....

Just glad that I don't have to pay! Also I apologise for the longest sentence in the world!!

Brilliant, fair play to the boss.

I hope the scrote that did it gets a good slapping off him or his wages docked if it was intentional. Try and have it polished out first rather then sprayed at first go. Deep Black has a lot of flake/pearl in it and it's easy to see when it hasn't been matched well. Saying that, if the guys doing the work are first class then they shouldn't have any problem doing it...

Yeh credit to my boss, he realises how much care I take of my car, it's the nicest car in the car park apart from his brand new m5, so he knew how pissy I was!

Guy doing the work did my spoiler and a few other bits for me so im fully of confidence in him.