useable classics.....

iAndy

Platinum Member
Trying to find a useable 2nd car..... The clio is great but recaro's & cup chassis makes the work commute not too good. Plus it gets a mess at work with all sand and crap. Got a G reg 320i Cabriolet which is nice and cheap on classic insurance.... but don't like leaving it outside house overnight so I leave it at my mums......

So thought buy a cheap classic thats useable as a daily runner, options at moment are:- Mk1 MR2 T-Bar - Suzuki SJ413

Anybody got any good suggestions? Needs to be fun and cheap insurance

mk2 Golf? Not sure what engine you'd want, probably stay away from the GTI but should be cheap on classic insurance and parts are common.

Yeah I tried a quote for a XR3i... and not on list of approved classics.... then quoted for a MK1 MR2 and got quoted £113! thats a lot better than the £1300 they want for a 52 plate clio diesel on go compare :s

Who's 'approved classics' list? Adrian Flux seem not to really give a crap beyond it being over 5 years old and garaged.

/edit I think I spotted a flaw there, no garage?

No garage, parked at roadside. Using Lancaster Insurance and god are they cheap! Want something that can be thrown round a track or off road just so its got a "use" more than going to work lol

Similar Thread Suggestions