Ultra Racing rear boot strut brace

LiamRS197

Paid Member
I've just purchased a second hand UR (Ultra Racing) rear boot strut brace, unfortunately the item came with no fitting instructions or bolts. I was wondering if anyone can provide any guidance on what exactly I may need and how best to go about it.

On first inspection it looks as if I will have to cut into the boot lining either side and then have a nut and bolt holding the upper supports into place. I know a couple of people on the forum have run these, any guidance would be great :smile:

If you could that would be great mate, I've seen a picture online of a nice flush fit I'll try and find it as that's what eventually I probably go for.

attachment.php

Attachments

• $_57.jpg
    $_57.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 206
They're as good as I'd get for you mate. I took the boot lining of and mocked up where the bolts would go though and cut two holes. The near side is a lot easier than the other, even if you small hands like me!

They're as good as I'd get for you mate. I took the boot lining of and mocked up where the bolts would go though and cut two holes. The near side is a lot easier than the other, even if you small hands like me!

With the upper mounts do you have to secure it into place with a nut and bolt either side of the seat clamp, if you get me :tongueout:

Perfect, thanks for that mate. For extra brownie points do you know what size bolt you used, M10 maybe?

Thread revival!
So the bolts go through the existing holes in the shell, facing in towards the car.
Then, inside the brace, pop a washer then nut onto the end of the bolt?

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Thread revival!
So the bolts go through the existing holes in the shell, facing in towards the car.
Then, inside the brace, pop a washer then nut onto the end of the bolt?

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

That is correct yes, use the pre existing holes with a washer then a nut on top of that.