tyres...

Im after a tyre spray/gel that dosnt flick up on to the paintwork!

Im sure ive seen people on here with wet looking dark black tyres, thats what im after.

All that ive tried are crap!

Can you get anthing that goes on with a brush?

Thanks poeple.

I clean the wheel and tyre with Billbery Wheels Cleaner, then I use Auto Glym Tyre Dressing on the tyres.

I like this as when you spray it on, then rub/buff it off it leaves a nice matt black finish. I'm not a fan of shiny tyre's if I'm honest.

But if you leave this product on the tyre's it dries shiny, so you can have the best of both worlds with this product.

Thanks pal will do some searching:thumbsup:

My wheels are gloss black so when there washed and cleaned the tyres almost look grey lol even thou the fronts are only 1000m old!

p.s will be visiting brecon in october in search of some epic roads, any advise on where to stay(will have wife and kids in tow so need things to do in the afternoons once ive had a blast)

Thanks pal will do some searching:thumbsup:

My wheels are gloss black so when there washed and cleaned the tyres almost look grey lol even thou the fronts are only 1000m old!

p.s will be visiting brecon in october in search of some epic roads, any advise on where to stay(will have wife and kids in tow so need things to do in the afternoons once ive had a blast)

Have a flick through the driving road section dude. Black Mountains is a must. PM me nearer the time and i'll give you a hand.

I clean the wheel and tyre with Billbery Wheels Cleaner, then I use Auto Glym Tyre Dressing on the tyres.

I like this as when you spray it on, then rub/buff it off it leaves a nice matt black finish. I'm not a fan of shiny tyre's if I'm honest.

But if you leave this product on the tyre's it dries shiny, so you can have the best of both worlds with this product.

i use the autogly stuff too, cant fault it!!!

might try this billbery wheel cleaner i keep hearing people mention, were's best place to get it from??

i use the autogly stuff too, cant fault it!!!

might try this billbery wheel cleaner i keep hearing people mention, were's best place to get it from??

I bought it from CleanYourCar a while back. can get it on ebay to.

Good stuff and I use it at 10:1.

Have a flick through the driving road section dude. Black Mountains is a must. PM me nearer the time and i'll give you a hand.

Been looking at cottages for peace of mind on parking but would consider b&b if parking is ok.

Will give you a shout later then, cheers.

(little off topic lol)

I use an old wash mit first to give the tyre side wall a really good clean.
I then use turtle wax tire and bumper dressing. Give a nice dark matt finish that last until the next wash.
Tried lots even expensive stuff and the turtle wax stuff works the best. Doesn't smell chronic either.

if the tyre dressing is being thrown on to the paint then technically too much has been applied....

i used turtle wax nano tech, its a white gel. lasts alot longer than other stuff ive used and doesnt flick up. you can get it from your local halfords

I use Maguire's instant tyre gel. I've not had it splash up the car and it looks good. You can get an applicator pad but I just use a small sponge. I used to find AG tyre dressing made them go brown after a while.

cleaning my wheels and tyres i use bilberry wheel cleaner then poorboys. On the tyres i give them a good scrub with a washmitt then use Maguire's tyre endurance gel.

the gel is great stuff lasts 2+ weeks, can add more coats for more shine, i find if its applied to thick or the tyre is dirty before its added it flicks up at the car. So maybe use soem of your old products making sure the tyre is clean and dry before you add the shine and dont apply it to quickly? might save some pennies.

I have ocd with detailing - checkout detailing world you can pretty much find all the answers there!!! - as some others pointed out the key is an applicator, i used to use autoglym stuff which was good, but spraying directly to the tyre was a waste of product and money also causing some sling to.

I currently use megs hot tyre i think its called and its great sprayed on the applicator goes a long way.

I have also used Auto finesse revive on the tyres with good results also g technic tyre stuff was ok, but i found you needed a lot of product to get the right finish.

Auto Glym Tyre shine sprayed onto a sponge then rubbed in works well for me never goes all over the car and lasts about 3 weeks before needing to be reapplied :smile: