Tyres, Oil & Plugs

To follow on from my previous thread, I was just wondering what the wise choice is in terms of tyres, oil and plugs? I changed the cambelt last week and these parts are next on my list.

Thanks in advance, Adam

i went for the stock plugs..regarding oil i would contact [MENTION=205]oilman[/MENTION]..more than a knowledgeable man..will advise u what to get...
tyres:there is approximately zillion options out there..just got some yokohama advan neova ad08 and they are fantastic but for a all yearrounder..hmm..depends on ur budget..if i was to get some new tyres id go for Vredestein Ultrac Vorti..
£80 a corner and the reviews are great..

Contis are a popular choice for this car.

Nankang also do a good tyre for the car which has very good reviews. [MENTION=1272]Fernandez[/MENTION]

Some people have opted for different plugs, but I think most just put standard in.
Oil, as above.

For summer I run Bridgestone Potenza RE070 tyres and for winter I'm looking at getting some Vredstein tyres though not decided which ones yet.

Couldn't be happier with the Bridgestone tyres and currently on my second set. Only available in 225 width though (but it's what I run all rear round)

As for new plugs I got new ones at my last service but just the standard ones.

Last edited:
Hankooks for winter mate better than the Vreidstein and cheaper, any big brand tyre is good, I personally run the Michelin, top money but 12000 miles and just bedded in. The Contis are good, that is why the car comes with them, the chassis was tuned to run on that tyre. I personally stay away from the jap stuff, I would rather run eBay seconds of a major brand. On that point I have 4 Nexens in my shed that came on the car all 7mm plus, make me an offer, I won't use them.

We will have some good news about tyres very shortly. With the success of the Nankangs wec are expanding the range of tyres available in the coming weeks. More news to follow