Tyres, but not the usual question

Paddy, if you do go 225 ( i would if it was me ) please have a look at the RE070 's depending on what your using the car for. There less than £100 from camskill and are really good!!!!

rick

Paddy, if you do go 225 ( i would if it was me ) please have a look at the RE070 's depending on what your using the car for. There less than £100 from camskill and are really good!!!!

rick

I have considered them. Might be worth the try at £90 per corner.

Got the tyres onto the rims today. Glad I went with the 225 as they fit perfectly with no stretch at all. I'll post a few pictures tomorrow as its getting dark here now. Just need to get them onto the car now.

One thing I did notice was that the side wall looks a lot bigger but my measurements showed only 4mm difference between the standard contis and the new Bridgestones. It must be the simplistic side wall design on the Bridgestones that make it appear taller.

Last edited:
Got the tyres onto the rims today. Glad I went with the 225 as they fit perfectly with no stretch at all. I'll post a few pictures tomorrow as its getting dark here now. Just need to get them onto the car now.

One thing I did notice was that the side wall looks a lot bigger but my measurements showed only 4mm difference between the standard contis and the new Bridgestones. It must be the simplistic side wall design on the Bridgestones that make it appear taller.

excellent!

just ordered 4 x re050a 225/40-18 for mine :thumbup1:

Fully re-frubed Speedlines and Bridgestone Potenza RE070 tyres sitting waiting for me to put them onto the car.

The wheels have been well sealed up with G/techniq C5 to keep them in tip top condition too.

IMAG0054-1.gif

IMAG0053.gif

Last edited:
the profile changes as its a % of the tyre width...

215/45r17 = radius 196.44cm dai 62.53cm side wall 9.68cm

225/45r17 = radius 199.27cm dia 63.43cm side wall 10.13cm

so would gear up by 1.4%

30mph = 30.4mph 60mph = 60.9mph
Do the 8 inch wheels increase the track at all?

Last edited: