Tyres Again . . . . .

MarcB

Paid Member
So for a while I have been running PS4's in 225/45/17 on my wheels and they have been a good tyre but im wondering what else is actually out there.

As much as I dont want to spend £££ on tyres I fully understand that these are the only thing that keeps the car on the road.

There is a few tyres jumping out at me but "Everyone" seems to stick with PS4's

Im wondering if anyone else would recommend the following or have any experience of these.

Hankook Ventus V12 Evo 2 K120
225/45 R17 Y (94)

Uniroyal RainSport 5
225/45 R17 Y (94)

Pirelli P Zero Nero GT
225/45 R17 Y (94)

Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 5
225/45 R17 Y (94)

Michelin Pilot Sport 5
225/45 R17 Y (94)

I have Rainsport 5's on my 200, really impressed. I also have Bridgestone Potenza S001 on my golf gtd, love them but they are a bit soft so need replacing every 10k or so (fronts).

I've used eagle F1's for years, they're fine in the dry but on really greasy wet roads you get a fair bit of understeer and wheelspin if you're heavy footed. Personally, I'd go for the Michelin's . :thumb:

Discounting the Mich’s on the list. I’d probably go for the Goodyears. I’ve ran pretty much every generation of the old ones…. Never the 5’s, but feel like they’ll probably match the PS4’s

I’m dead tempted to sack my PS4 off and try the 5’s. But I can’t see how they could of improved them

Reactions: EthanMenace
Discounting the Mich’s on the list. I’d probably go for the Goodyears. I’ve ran pretty much every generation of the old ones…. Never the 5’s, but feel like they’ll probably match the PS4’s

I’m dead tempted to sack my PS4 off and try the 5’s. But I can’t see how they could of improved them

I've done exactly this, on many different types of cars (FWD, RWD, mid engined) they're great, I just went to 5s on the Clio and they're brilliant in all conditions for me (driving holiday I did a while back in all conditions, my mate who works at Pirelli was so impressed with them in the wet and dry when we swapped cars)

I ran Eagle F1 3's on mine for a long time and couldn't complain, I use them as my wet trackday/road tyres in 215 flavour. I previously ran Yoko Advan Sport V105 and they were decent for the money to be fair too. Never properly explored the grip levels as I don't like to push my luck on the roads but they handled everything I threw at them, even several inches of snow.

I’ve got Eagle F1s and very happy with them. Recently replaced two as they were getting hard due to age. The grip, wear etc. have been impressive.