Tyres again.

Sorry for the new thread but this is something that hasn't been asked (that I can find anyway).

I'm about to order new tyres and was going to go for the Yoko AD08 I think try are. Anyway price wise the best I can find is circa £150 per corner!
I know they are more than worth it BUT as I'm probably only going to do 1 trackday on them I was wondering whether to go for maybe a Toyo T1-R or Yoko Parada spec 2 instead?

The spec 2 was awesome on my last car on road and track, I've no long term experience with the Toyo.

Both of these tyres are half the price of the AD08!

Who would recommend these or am I really better paying the extra for the better tyre?

Also the Toyo is available in 215/45/17 but the Yoko seems to be only 215/40/17.....I know this is only a very small difference but is it going to make a difference?

If I can get some answers/help I'd appreciate it:smile:

Cheers guys

Ash

IMO Toyo T1R's are terrible, I did a wet track day in my 172 with T1R's on and span off once, felt I had no grip at all, was very wary going through corners on them. Since purchased some Toyo R1R's as they are suppose to be an awesome wet and dry tyre or the 172.

For my 197 I have Ad08's and can't fault them at all. No probs in wet or dry, can't comment on track use tho, sure they would be more than fine. I paid 117 a corner from black circles a while back for 2. And then £120 each for two from
Camskill

Hope this helps

If you shop about you will get the AD08's a lot cheaper than £150,Can be hard to get them in stock for 215/45/17.well it was last summer might be easy now?

Did you ever use the paradas on a wet track?

Reason i ask is me and a mate had these and both thought they were leathal in the wet, mate hit the tyre wall at combe with these on too.

with the Federal RsR's, IMO they have very poor grip in the wet, amazing tyre in the dry, cant falt them, i think i picked them up from a tyre place in birmingham, for 87 a corner, for that price, i couldnt complain!

Cheers guys.
I've found RSR's for £95 on camskill, will try my local tyre place in the week to find a price from them. Hopefully will be cheaper if not the same.

Finally ordered my new tyres.
Ended up with AD08's :smile:
£116 each so ended up with all 4 and for the privilege I got triple club card points through blackcircles too:-D £14 worth of clubcard points towards some air miles for me lol.