Tyre Width Change?

hello, after searching around on the site i cant find an answer to this question as of yet, so im looking at getting some new tyres for my car as the avon's on it are crap.

my question is i have found the nokian line tyres which seem to be rated fairly highly, my question is as i know my tyres currently are 215/45/R17's but i have found these tyres at £20 cheaper per tyre however they are "35/45/R17's rated at 94V, does anyone know if these tyres will fit on my rim and also if there going to be safe to use?

bet u mean 235/45/17...depends on what wheels u run...think u might be able to fit this width but i wouldnt recommend...could experience worsened handling..if possible try to get ur hands on some 225/45/17 's...lots of guys use these as they are cheaper too compared to 215 size...
tyre wise..try some vredestein ultrac vorti..good tyre for good price...

35 inches? What? That's a very wide tyre. Unless I'm missing something here.

also nokian are generally winter tyres, your buying them a bit late now...

35 inches? What? That's a very wide tyre. Unless I'm missing something here.

also nokian are generally winter tyres, your buying them a bit late now...
bet he meant to press "2" and pressed shift+2..:bash:

i have 215's on there now, i thought that 225's would be maximum but it was just a general interesting idea, im looking at 225's now as it goes, as it seems they are on average £30 cheaper per tyre!!

plenty of what tyre threads to browse through, lots of different opinions, it's one thing you shouldn't skimp on though, the clio is a fast car, put good rubber on it!

225's or 215's. Don't stick a 235/45 on the side wall will be taller than a transit van tyre. :rofl:

How much you looking to spend? There are some good tyres that are priced reasonably but to be honest these cars are about handling so it's pointless and not really ideal to stick a ditch finder on.

Last edited:
I'm guessing they're around £70 a tyre. For that money you could get Bridgestone Potenza RE070s in a 225 width. I've been running these for two summers now and they are a great tyre.

I'm guessing they're around £70 a tyre. For that money you could get Bridgestone Potenza RE070s in a 225 width. I've been running these for two summers now and they are a great tyre.

Strange thing to say, but the RE070 even look great :thumbup1:. Will probably be what I go for next :smile: