Tyre replacement

I got my new tyres at the weekend, went for the Continental sportcontact 3 again but they are load 91, speed rating w as opposed to the original 87 and y ratings, will this make a difference at all?

No its nothing to worry about they are just over rated for the car. The standard ones are ok up to 168mph and the y rating is up to 186mph! You may find that they are ever so slightly more rigid too but I doubt that will be noticable

Last edited:
Just fyi if you can afford to run something like R1R/R888/any other really decent perfomance tyre you'll enjoy the car so much more. The conti3 are garbage compared to them, never going back to them. Makes a totally different car.

R888's are neither use nor ornament in the wet though :lol:

Iv heard lots of mixed reviews over this, some say that there is no problem with them in the wet at all. Only thing is that buying them is a very expensive way to find out if they work or that they don't when I need them to! Living in England sucks at times!

Unless you hit standing water, they´re still far superior to any other non semi-slick tyre.

I say this, because I drove them myself last season. Had Conti SC3 and Pirelli PZero Nero before and neither can do anything alike.

But that is not what´s this topic about. Load rating and speed index are still well within spec!