Turini's

Raptor6767

Gold Member
I have a couple of questions:

1. WEIGHT
2. Dimensions in 17" - 7.0, 7.5, 8.0?
3. Price
4. Colours
5. Any pics on the 197? Red if possible?

197conturinixi6.jpg

197conturini2lp2.jpg

197conturini3pi7.jpg

K-Tec197.jpg

speedlineturini17ma8.jpg

turinir27bv1.jpg

197conturinisporgelv6.jpg

Having second thoughts between the Turini's and the Ultra's - today I've got the info that the Turini's are 7kg in 17" (IS THAT TRUE?!), and Ultras are heavier...but I like the Ultras better...damn...

Tnx! :thumbup1:

Last edited:
M8 you gotta decide what you're going after - performance or looks :tongueout: not that the Ultras are heavy but if you're all about performance then get the lightest rims you can get :thumbup1:

The Ultras sure look better :tongueout:

ps. will contact Igor Dekleva today. Read on Rallymagazin that he can get OZs for a good price. Will tell you the price if you want :smile:

M8 you gotta decide what you're going after - performance or looks :tongueout: not that the Ultras are heavy but if you're all about performance then get the lightest rims you can get :thumbup1:

The Ultras sure look better :tongueout:

ps. will contact Igor Dekleva today. Read on Rallymagazin that he can get OZs for a good price. Will tell you the price if you want :smile:

I know that, but I've always thought that the Ultras were lighter than the Turini's - Ultra 7,76kg, Turini 8kg.

29042008180ar2.jpg

But after a talk with my friend yesterday who claims that he has a picture of the Turini weighing 7kg - I just don't know...

You don't have the necessary data:

Offset:
Number of Studs:
Stud Diameter:

But you could fit a 215/45/17 on the 7J 17 rim.

What is the correct offset etc for the clio. The wheels have five studs but not sure of diameter. Obviously I will check with the supplier before purchasing.....new to this sort of thing tho so any help is much appreciated! Raptor...you seem to be the 'authority' on wheels!

197 fitment...

5 x 108 pcd
60.1 centre bore (can be altered with spigot rings)
ET (ofset) on standard wheels is 68. anything from this down to about 40 on a 7" wheel would fit without sticking out too far.
my summer wheels are...
5 x 108
17" x 7
70 centre bore
45 ET
215 x 45 x 17 conti 3.

I have a couple of questions:

1. WEIGHT
2. Dimensions in 17" - 7.0, 7.5, 8.0?
3. Price
4. Colours
5. Any pics on the 197? Red if possible?
Having second thoughts between the Turini's and the Ultra's - today I've got the info that the Turini's are 7kg in 17" (IS THAT TRUE?!), and Ultras are heavier...but I like the Ultras better...damn...

Tnx! :thumbup1:

8.2kg
17" are in 7j
price... 1000€.. you can order it from renault or bellottoracing
white only...in 17"!!
the pics you have posted of the red197 are the beautiful:thumbup1::thumbup1:

8.2kg
17" are in 7j
price... 1000€.. you can order it from renault or bellottoracing
white only...in 17"!!
the pics you have posted of the red197 are the beautiful:thumbup1::thumbup1:

G.R.E.A.T. Simo, I can always rely on you for a concrete answer. :thumbup1:

There's no doubt then - OZ Ultra in white: 8x17" ET55...I'll get them in late Spring or early Summer after I tear my Contis on the Grobnik track.

i forgot a important thing...

if you take turini in renault you can chose from:

ET51 or ET41..

ET41..for me is too..
197conturinisporgelv6.jpg

ET51..
5dmrv5.jpg

197 fitment...

5 x 108 pcd
60.1 centre bore (can be altered with spigot rings)
ET (ofset) on standard wheels is 68. anything from this down to about 40 on a 7" wheel would fit without sticking out too far.
my summer wheels are...
5 x 108
17" x 7
70 centre bore
45 ET
215 x 45 x 17 conti 3.

Jase,

I assume the lower the ET number the more the wheel will protrude....and the protrusion being the offset?? Does 5x108 refer to the stud size? 17x7 refers to wheel diameter and width....I see 'J' from time to time....what does this refer too!? 70 Center bore I am assuming to refer to the hole in the middle of the wheel?? Sorry if I am so dum, but need to understand this before getting these wheels!! Your superior knoledge is appreciated!!

Maybe this helps to understand the offset
offset.jpg

As for the "J" - The letter that typically sits between the rim width and diameter figures stamped on the wheel, and indicates the physical shape of the wheel where the tyre bead meets it - like the pic below.
beadprofile-1.gif

I'd suggest that you read this - Tyre bible :thumbup1:

Jase,

I assume the lower the ET number the more the wheel will protrude....and the protrusion being the offset??
yes. but just remember that it is the very outward most point of the wheel(which is not allways the spoke) on mine the lip/dish part of the wheel sticks out the furthestm, and even though they stick out further, the spokes still only just clear the caliper.

Does 5x108 refer to the stud size?
5 bolts and 108mm centre to centre of each bolt going around the wheel.

17x7 refers to wheel diameter and width....
yes.

I see 'J' from time to time....what does this refer too!?
wouldnt worry too much about 'J' as you only tend to see it on BMW wheels.

70 Center bore I am assuming to refer to the hole in the middle of the wheel??
yes.

Sorry if I am so dum, but need to understand this before getting these wheels!! Your superior knoledge is appreciated!!

hope this helps.

Jase/Ozi,

Thanks for your help. I am begining to understand now; epsecially the importance of offset.....basically I will try to match the Renspec as close as poss....but seems that an offset ET51 is capable of clearing the calipers and giving that slightly wider stance.....I'm sure the supplier will be able to confirm fit before purchase!

I know that, but I've always thought that the Ultras were lighter than the Turini's - Ultra 7,76kg, Turini 8kg.

29042008180ar2.jpg

But after a talk with my friend yesterday who claims that he has a picture of the Turini weighing 7kg - I just don't know...

Even if he has a picture of one weighing 7kg a 7x17 ultra is 6.94kg:wink:

http://www.ozracing.com/at-team/wheels/racing/ultraleggera/en

They are both nice sets of wheels though, you'll end up like me I'm looking for a set for slicks for the summer trackdays as well as my ultaleggera track wheels

Last edited:
Let´s not forget shall we, that it is said a +- 5% weight difference is possible for the Ultras. So you could possibly end up with 4 alloys weighing ~7.3 kg.

Well, I stop nitpicking now :lol: I like the look of the Turinis anyway, especially in White!

Ultra's in the 8x17 are 7,76kg...alleggerita's are 6,67kg.

Quoted from there Website for 8x17 Ultraleggeras (7.74kg +-5% variation in weight) Alleggeritas 8x17 (6.98kg +-2% variation in weight).

So customer ends up (understandably they can only support a statistical average) not knowing the exact weight of his alloys, until he bought them.

Not that this would be of any use at all then :smiley: