Tunepoint

Good evening folks, first time poster, on the look out for a tune point but obviously at a price much less than the RRP, I've checked all the usual suspects (ebay etc...) but can't find one. Can anyone recommend a reputable seller, or eve better, does anyone have a spare/unwanted one?

Sorry for jumping in, but what is this 'tunepoint?'. Been hearing alot about them lately. Is it something to do with an ipod connection?

It plugs into the back of the standard radio and allows you to charge and control your iPod through it. The steering wheel controls also work with it too.

Alternatively, if anyone can suggest a decent substitute? Really want to keep the steering wheel controls and ideally the central screen too though....

I've been looking at the connects2 version of the tunepoint, does anyone have any good/bad experience with this? I notice it states that track names are not displayed on the original screen, is this the case with the tunepoint also?

I have tunepoint in my 197 and i would say it is basically crap.
Okay, you can listen mp3 from your usb stick. But everything with user experience sucks. You cant see what track or folder you are browsing from the display. There is no any sense too how folders are selected.
I cant recommend it.

Sorry to drag this on, what are the advantages of using a tunepoint over a regular aux-in cable (for use with an iPhone btw, so music will be easier to control off the phone anyway)

My tune point doesn't work with my iPhone 4 only my old iPod. I just end up using the auxiliary in the headphone socket.