Traction Control automatically turning off when car is started

Hi guys, little bit of an odd one, I had to remove my battery today to change my light bulbs and do some engine work, put everything back together and found that when I start the car now the traction control automatically turns itself off when I start the car, also it seems to temporarily turn back on and the alarm light in the middle of the dials flashes up when I open any of the doors, but then the traction control turns itself back off after a few seconds, has something major gone wrong or is it just a bit to long for the battery to have been off? (About four hours)

Have you driven the car since ? I am sure you have to drive it and maybe turn steering lock to lock to reset it ? I am sure the on touch power windows need to hold the button up for 5 seconds when the window close to reset that too.

Last edited:
Yeah it needed a run guys, me being a careful one with electrics didn't want to drive the car but I did in the end, within about a Meyer it went off and everything went back to normal, gained back a hell of a lot of power and responsiveness just from a clean up and smoothing out the throttle body and manifold, free power!!