Track Day Mods

Miked5

Paid Member
I've had my Clio up for sale for a couple of weeks now because I was wanting something a bit quicker out the box (has to be NA though) the more I think about it there's nothing wrong with the Clio and I've spent a small fortune on gearbox rebuild, cambelt and other parts. It's now done 4-5 track days reliably so would be a shame to start again on another car.

Now that I'm pretty convinced I'm going to keep it what should I be buying to improve the track day experience, I'm thinking

• coilovers - gaz gold? top end of my budget, any other suggestions
  • v6 airbox and remap
  • rear camber/toe shims
  • better pads Ferodo DS1.11?
  • Tyres (currently got accelera 651)
Current Spec
Blackline LSD, PBS ProRace pads, cup dampers with cook sport springs, Sparco QRT bucket seat, harness bar, ZPO gear knob extension, braided lines, 200 Cup anti rolls bar, interior stripped in the rear

I think that list is sensible. The only thing I’d drop down in importance is the airbox/map.

Tyres are selective, but 651’s are pretty budget. Most the track lads here are either running MRF’s or Direzzas

Reactions: burrellbloke
Going from lowering springs to coilovers along with a proper corner weighting/alignment with shims will make a huge difference. Gaz golds are worth going for over something like B14s or yellowspeeds as well IMO, Its worth spending the extra money so you're not limited on height/camber/stiffness.

Looks like a good plan.

Reactions: burrellbloke