Today: Presentation of the new Alpine A110 Cup

Wow, didn't know this was coming. I'm still very undecided on the looks but we all know it will be an amazing drive!

Reactions: Chris
I read the PH review on A110. They absolutely loved it apparently, in fact they went as far as saying that " it's the most delicately balanced, rewarding and perfectly composed sports car chassis I've driven in years".

This is good stuff and a breath of fresh air for all the mainstream products the car industry manufactures. My only objection is the auto. Why do you go all this way to save weight and focus on driving dynamics rather than grip and laptimes and yet again you fit a heavy auto? I presume because it's difficult to engineer a good linkage for a mid engine car so they went for the easiest solution? Or run out of money?

Loved the relatively small wheel/tyre sizes and the fact that the damping does not change when fiddling with the settings (showing how sophisticated it actually is). Renault also say the right words, "roll is not your enemy, composed chassis, driving dynamics etc".

I like it a lot, Renault had a good reason to ditched the RS16 project and it seems they did right doing. I know that, if I was in the market for a new £50k car that would be a very strong contender.

I love it! I like the way it references the original whilst looking modern. @Benno you're wrong! Marmite on toast with a mug of tea on a cold day is comfort food, scrummy!

Reactions: Beany and Benno
Why do you go all this way to save weight and focus on driving dynamics rather than grip and laptimes and yet again you fit a heavy auto? I presume because it's difficult to engineer a good linkage for a mid engine car so they went for the easiest solution? Or run out of money?

i've read renault didn't have the budget to do a manual and a DCT and they expect a DCT to be much more succesfull than a manual these days, sales wise that is. face it yiannis, the majority of buyers for these cars will not be (hardcore) petrolheads.

Reactions: Yiannis197
had some great write ups...but £50k...wow! will it sell to those that would buy a porker???? no so sure! i was hoping for low 40's as i quite fancy one but not at 50k!

and as for all the bs over low weight then give it a dct box lol! nothing is simpler & lighter than a manual box!!!!

Reactions: Yiannis197
Alpine just announced two new road versions besides the already known "Première Edition". The first one is called "Pure" and is something like a lightweight version for motorsport enthusiasts while the second is named "Legénde" and has a more luxury configuration. The available colours are "Blanc Irisé", "Bleu Abysse" and "Gris Tonnerre".

xUe0pxv.jpg

would love to have a spin in it..it's not the most beautiful car to look at but wonder how it drives:french: