To Carbon Or Not to Carbon

Evening all

right simple Question to Carbon bonnet or Not to Carbon bonnet my LY R27

4 situations to choose from....

Opt 1 --- Buy a Proper Carbon bonnet but sacrifice having a cup spoiler as a result.

Opt 2 --- Cup spoiler + have original bonnet Professionally Wrapped in Quality Carbon fibre vinyl for around £200

Opt 3 --- Cup spoiler + Buy own decent Carbon Vinyl and Fit myself circa £65

Opt 4 --- Cup spoiler + no carbon bonnet and leave be

Im looking a Opt 2 as the best at the moment, The place i would have it done is very well regarded in the Mini scene and produces some epic work including The Dodo Juice van

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x82/theminipirate/IMG_0096.jpg

and the stuff he will be using can be seen here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRSyZcbqwIM

And yes i understand carbon is there to save weight and some people believe its crap if it aint real but hey ho Im just interested in the aesthestics at the moment.

So what are people thoughts?

Op 2. Your other options are good too, but option 2 sounds like the best.

I think the LY with a carbon bonnet does look great.

Wouldnt try something as big as a bonnet myself, could end up looking a mess with bubbles etc...

Wouldnt try something as big as a bonnet myself, could end up looking a mess with bubbles etc...

I mean, if you had major patience and a steady hand you could easily attempt it, but as you said Jase i would make a mess too...

I would end up having more bubbles than a jacuzzi. :lol:

tbh I'm not bad at things like this but still wouldn't try a bonnet.
Because of the hight, it's right at eye level and any floors would be right there easy to see.

tbh I'm not bad at things like this but still wouldn't try a bonnet.
Because of the hight, it's right at eye level and any floors would be right there easy to see.

Doubt bubbles would be an acceptable standard of work by whoever does it. I did like that stripe idea someone had a while back.

Someone posted up a while ago a Photoshop of there car with CF bonnet that had the liquid yellow cup stripe showing through, it look awesome. I can’t find it now but do something like that :drool:

where is that shop that does it ?

Someone posted up a while ago a Photoshop of there car with CF bonnet that had the liquid yellow cup stripe showing through, it look awesome. I can’t find it now but do something like that :drool:

The place is in leicester there called Mini Pirate very well thought of company they do loads of things not just minis.

Matt think your on about this

CarbonFibrebonnet.jpg

i did consider this but i think being able to see the edges of the vinyl may look abit pants but i spose it depends how thin the stuff is

...option 2....then let us know where, who and how much...thinking about this myself and possibly the roof!!