Timing belt question

Hello to all, recently bought myself a 197 and so far i love it. Such good fun. But ive just realised that although my timing belt was only done about 20k miles ago, it was 5 years ago in July. My question is am I ok waiting until July to get it done, or shall I get it done now?

The car also has a slight misfire on idle which was reported by my obd 2 reader. It doesnt misfire under load, is this normal for 197s?

Thanks

Any misfire or fault codes is not normal. I had some misfire fault codes in my previous 197 clio, i replaced all coils+plugs and it was fine after that.

Any misfire or fault codes is not normal. I had some misfire fault codes in my previous 197 clio, i replaced all coils+plugs and it was fine after that.
Its just had new plugs in its last service. Do you reckon I should it take it down to Renault before buying parts for it?
Or will Renault charge me through the nose to diagnose it?

Cambelt service was originally 5 years for the 197, but then increased to 6 years for the 200.

The parts are exactly the same so they revised the 197 up to 6 years.

Hello to all, recently bought myself a 197 and so far i love it. Such good fun. But ive just realised that although my timing belt was only done about 20k miles ago, it was 5 years ago in July. My question is am I ok waiting until July to get it done, or shall I get it done now?

The car also has a slight misfire on idle which was reported by my obd 2 reader. It doesnt misfire under load, is this normal for 197s?

Thanks
Get it done. Stop start short journeys not good for belt wear. Plus if it's been sitting around the rubber may have degraded .