This may seem like a stupid question but...

Rogue

Platinum Member
I'm currently running a HID upgrade on the lights, can I downgrade to just standard lights with the current projectors easily?? ;/

Depends on how you fitted the HIDs.

If you had to drill a hole through the rubber caps to feed the ballast>Bulb wire for the HID then reverting to standard bulbs will leave your headlights unsealed with this hole allowing condensation and engine bay dirt into the headlight unit.

But other than that, the only difference is the bulb type so yes easily changed.

Depends on how you fitted the HIDs.

If you had to drill a hole through the rubber caps to feed the ballast>Bulb wire for the HID then reverting to standard bulbs will leave your headlights unsealed with this hole allowing condensation and engine bay dirt into the headlight unit.

But other than that, the only difference is the bulb type so yes easily changed.

Nothing a bit of good old duck tape won't sort. ;-)

What do you buy to revert back to the old lights?

The cover caps for the lights have been drilled through, but I'm sure I can sort those out.

I'll have to take a look at the projectors and bulbs. When I took them out over the weekend, I didn't see much additional wiring that wasn't doing much. Just a couple of leads that plug into the HID wiring for power.

T'is a pikey spec and I like the HID's, but A) They're a right pain in the arse to change! and B) with MOT laws coming in, they'll have to be changed anyway.