This looks cool

Supersprint do the same thing. Pretty sure simo changed it back as he got a huge flat spot and said standard was nicer to drive.

they had mini article in nov/dec French performance car mag on this saying it goes with the cat cam setup to get most out of cams

I'm installing the Supersprint Y-pipe on the 21st this month...I will make a before/after dyno to see the results.

Yeah a remap will be worth it. Think it could possibly pronounce the flat spot more?! Interesting to see the end results tho :smile:

Previous car, when i removed oem cat's in up-pipe and down-pipe, so up-pipe was straight pipe and down-pipe became 100cel sports cat after fitting the engine went into limp mode throttling engine & boost. Had to get re-map but the tuner was able to extract 25bhp and around 30 torque from just that mod, but entire rev range was much smoother and turbo spooled up so much quicker.

So expect you'll encounter the same with loss of back pressure, but keep us all informed on how it goes

I've got both decats including the y pipe welded into the manifold, and the flatspot is horrendous!

Sounds amazing but it's difficult to judge performance without being affected by the placebo of a louder note. Spoke to various mappers and was advised the STD ecu would be at it's limits running both decats.

Now looking into standalone.

looking forward to seeing these results Vlad,getting cams and matched inlets fitted in january and have been thinking about getting the Y pipe done at the same time

I've got both decats including the y pipe welded into the manifold, and the flatspot is horrendous!

Sounds amazing but it's difficult to judge performance without being affected by the placebo of a louder note. Spoke to various mappers and was advised the STD ecu would be at it's limits running both decats.

I think standalone is the way to go tbh. Runs everything much better, will get the best ou of cams as well. Remember kevs power curve? So smooth!

there are mappers out there that can get rid of this flat spot, matt at TDF and paul at RS tuning

Unfortunately I had to reschedule the operation, I ordered today a new exhaust manifold gasket and new nuts and it takes 10 working days for the parts to arrive... So will have to do the job next year, maybe on the 2nd of January when the mechanic starts working. Can't wait to see the results :smile: