The wattage of Standard Head unit?

Ive just upgraded my speakers in the car with some components in the front and coaxial in the back. Now I cant tell much difference and im guessing this is because the watt output on the standard head unit isnt giving the speakers what they need

So question, what is the standard output on the head unit? 4x30w? 4x40w? or less maybe?

thanks again folks!!!

I'm not sure exactly, but I think you are in the right area. I know it's pretty poor anywho!

Yea, likely to be about 10-20W per channel.

The headunit is poor, i'm using a pioneer headunit on standard speakers and it was a massive upgrade from the standard headunit

can you get some sort of small applifyer or something, just to get it so it's of a better quality?

Thanks for clearing that up. An new upgrade head unit with stalk controls is in need then.

I was very disappointed when the Vibe speakers sounded the same yet have a magnet weight 10x as much as the standards....

Last edited:
Standard speakers are not bad, its the HU that lets it down.

When I changed mine it was unbelievable just how much better it was, was like night and day.

Not sure if adding an amp would make much of a diffrence.

Standard speakers are not bad, its the HU that lets it down.

When I changed mine it was unbelievable just how much better it was, was like night and day.

Not sure if adding an amp would make much of a diffrence.

Im gonna keep away from amps etc. My days are done with those things! :smile: