The Honeymoon Period Is Over - 7 Days Later!!!

It's no reflection on the car at all, if you check my Welcome post you will see this was bought as a stop gap whilst looking for my next car. It's incredible to the extent it has made me re-evaluate what I want out of that next car.

Cheers

Si

I blew my engine up in my 182 with only 2k miles on the clock , changed from 4th to 3rd at 7k revs lol , ruk paid for brand new engine

While reading that I thought for a moment you were going to say you would be keeping the Clio!! Shame you're selling up as you really seem to have bonded with it, as did your wife! Glad that you managed to get the gearbox sorted.

Collected the car today and it's perfect, like new! They kept the old synchros for me to show me the wear which was quite obvious to see. All freshly rebuilt, resealed and ready to drive it felt superb on the way home this eve and I am really pleased with the service I received and the bonus was it has a 6 month 6000 mile warranty too!

Si

Collected the car today and it's perfect, like new! They kept the old synchros for me to show me the wear which was quite obvious to see. All freshly rebuilt, resealed and ready to drive it felt superb on the way home this eve and I am really pleased with the service I received and the bonus was it has a 6 month 6000 mile warranty too!

Si

Out of interest - how much did you pay for the gearbox drive in-drive out service if you don't mind me asking? Always been fearful on mine going bang one day and having to the same thing. A 2 day turn around is great service too as I can't really afford to have the car off the road due to work.

Out of interest - how much did you pay for the gearbox drive in-drive out service if you don't mind me asking? Always been fearful on mine going bang one day and having to the same thing. A 2 day turn around is great service too as I can't really afford to have the car off the road due to work.

Of course, it was £600+vat which included 1 synchro, I needed both 3rd and 4th synchros so my total bill including band new seals, oil etc. was £755incl. It was a very good service and they just do gearboxes so guessing they could probably do them blindfolded! They also confirmed the part numbers for the synchros had changed sometime back indicating a change had taken place.

Si

Of course, it was £600+vat which included 1 synchro, I needed both 3rd and 4th synchros so my total bill including band new seals, oil etc. was £755incl. It was a very good service and they just do gearboxes so guessing they could probably do them blindfolded! They also confirmed the part numbers for the synchros had changed sometime back indicating a change had taken place.

Si

£755 actually sounds like a really good price, especially as that included them removing and re-fitting the box! Great service, and considerably less than the £1400+ box replacements you regularly hear about on this forum

Which garage in bristol did you use? A quick google shows at least 3 :tongueout:. I'm also in somerset and I have a slight crunch in third (not major though) and a crunch in second.

£755 actually sounds like a really good price, especially as that included them removing and re-fitting the box! Great service, and considerably less than the £1400+ box replacements you regularly hear about on this forum

I spent loads of time phoning lots of different people and there were only 1 or 2 that suggested they could do the job for less than £1000. Sean at Jade Developments who was reccommened earlier in this thread was great but the logistics of getting it to Leicester etc. we're just too much.

I used Gloucester Road Gearboxes on the Marsh Barton Estate, conveniently behind Bristol Temple Meads railway station. I dropped it off and hopped on a train home, checked yesterday lunchtime that it was all going to plan and hopped on another back up there.

They were really good and as I did kept the bits to show me the wear etc. he says they have probably done around 20 Clio 200 boxes and none have ever returned for further work which is encouraging.

Speak to Lee and tell him Simon with the Yellow Clio sent you :thumbup:

Si

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
beefychubbchubb General Chat 8
Chris197F1 General Chat 31
captain_caveman Clio General Chat 28