Terraclean?

Just curious around the mpg figure, how has that held up? I was thinking the mpg could be high like yours shows because they have run your engine with whatever super high grade fuel they used, therefore it produced a very good mpg figure? Just a thought, be interested to see what your mpg figure was like if you reset the trip and drive like before....

The terraclean is run through the engine with the car stationary so the mpg would be 0. I would imagine the op did the sensible thing and reset the counter on his return journey?

The terraclean is run through the engine with the car stationary so the mpg would be 0. I would imagine the op did the sensible thing and reset the counter on his return journey?
That is correct
After a few days,ie runs to work and an odd blast home in the morning as I'm on nights,still getting a reading of 34.3 :thumbsup:

After 12 days since the clean,time for refuel and ended up with 32.7 mpg and the car feels like it has a stronger pull to it when a little heavy with the right foot.

If anyone else has this done,let me know how/what you feel about it?

I'm booked in for a Terraclean in the morning... This is my second 197 - had it since October and it just doesn't feel as powerful as my first (Had that one from new), this one is a 56 plate with about 80k on the clock.

Put a K&N filter in last week, have some new spark plugs ready to go later on and hopefully the Terraclean will bring it back to life.

I had a Sprintbooster on but had to disconnect it after not putting the lose wiring out of the way - pretty much pulled it off when I put my foot down and it went into limp mode :s Sorted once I reconnected the main wires to the accelerator but am thinking to try it again at the weekend - it did make a big difference to throttle response which is what I think this car lacks (more than my original 197).

Not expecting too much but will report back..

I'm booked in for a Terraclean in the morning... This is my second 197 - had it since October and it just doesn't feel as powerful as my first (Had that one from new), this one is a 56 plate with about 80k on the clock.

Put a K&N filter in last week, have some new spark plugs ready to go later on and hopefully the Terraclean will bring it back to life.

I had a Sprintbooster on but had to disconnect it after not putting the lose wiring out of the way - pretty much pulled it off when I put my foot down and it went into limp mode :s Sorted once I reconnected the main wires to the accelerator but am thinking to try it again at the weekend - it did make a big difference to throttle response which is what I think this car lacks (more than my original 197).

Not expecting too much but will report back..

How does it feel after the clean?
Worth the money or not?

TBH I didn't noticed any specific difference afterwards but I've put my Sprintbooster back on and with the spark plugs and air filter things are better than they were previously. I also have a 64mm throttle body being delivered today/tomorrow which should also help with the low end torque.

For the money (£108 inc VAT) I wouldn't push people to have it done - I picked up the Sprintbooster for £120 off eBay and that's something you can instantly see the results of. I'm hoping the new throttle body is the same. In short there are quite a few mods at similar prices I'd recommend before the Terraclean.

Very sceptical of this. I've actually done a lot of R&D work on fuel injection systems and the only time you get significant carbon deposits in the injectors is after sitting at idle for long periods of time (low temperature). As soon as you get any heat back in the system the carbon deposits burn off. It's much more common for things to get coked up due to other reactions in the fuel, often this is a reaction with sulphates and causes a sticky deposit on the metal surfaces which a lot of people call lacquering.

I wouldn't be surprised if the high mpg figures are a short term thing caused by the engine remapping itself to a different fuel. Not something I would personally be spending my money on, you would be better off sticking a few tanks of super unleaded in and thrashing it IMO

Very sceptical of this. I've actually done a lot of R&D work on fuel injection systems and the only time you get significant carbon deposits in the injectors is after sitting at idle for long periods of time (low temperature). As soon as you get any heat back in the system the carbon deposits burn off. It's much more common for things to get coked up due to other reactions in the fuel, often this is a reaction with sulphates and causes a sticky deposit on the metal surfaces which a lot of people call lacquering.

I wouldn't be surprised if the high mpg figures are a short term thing caused by the engine remapping itself to a different fuel. Not something I would personally be spending my money on, you would be better off sticking a few tanks of super unleaded in and thrashing it IMO

glad someone else thinks this way! modern fuels and injection systems not to mention better engine oils and tolerances vastly reduce carbon build up on components...

Last edited:
Pfft terraclean. My right foot is a much cheaper way of removing these mystical mpg sapping carbon deposits

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
L Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust and Air Intake 8