Tax Man UK...

Willis

The Gatekeeper
Platinum Member
I've been eyeing up a few jobs lately and stumbled across this little calculator. Seems pretty accurate and it might be useful to people to check if you're deductions are correct or if you're considering a new job but aren't sure how much worse/better off you'll be if you take it...

http://listentotaxman.com/index.php

Very helpful website!

Been using it for a while now.

My mrs found out her Tax code was wrong - and has been given a £1700 rebate - the lucky sod!!!

Excellent stuff!!! :smile: How did she find out it was the wrong code?

I had the tax code of OT1 last month and I've put it all through the calculator and it was 1p out, so it's pretty damn accurate. Hopefully I'll be getting that back this month as a tax break, I was deducted just over £140 more than I should've been. I don't know how they managed to foul it up seens as I handed in both my P45 and P60 to HR...

Excellent stuff!!! :smile: How did she find out it was the wrong code?

I'm not sure on the specifics.

But she was checking through old Payslips against the site (think there's a feature to check previous years' tax codes etc.)

Found one that didn't match up - queried it with her old company and they said shed been put on the wrong one when she joined.

Et voila - a few weeks later, a check for the full amount that was overpaid :smile:

Maybe she'll treat me to a holiday... hah!

No probs Ash, hope it helps someone.

That's another good one Adam, nice one.

Hahaha, that's ace getting it back on one lump sum!!! I'll have a mess about and see if I'm owed anything. I better bloody had be. :smiley:

NT tax code FTW!

I just put that in and you're 7% WORSE off with that code over the normal one!?!

Put £50000 as salary and with ''NT'' in the code box the take home was 65%, with normal tax code it was 72%...

And really, for what?

So that... Scrotes, Druggies, Criminals, Immigrants and Scroungers can have nice places to live and can pay for their umpteen kids.

Oh and of course about 1% of what you pay out goes to helping people who ACTUALLY deserve it. OAPS, Veterans, Disabled... :thumbup:

The site must be wrong then!

NT means I don't have to pay tax, only send a self assessment once a year.

Plus my N.I. contributions are voluntary so I pay a lot less than it says on there.

Edit: It works on 'the salary calculator' one, N.I. is still off though.

Last edited:
On the calculator it had the same effect as OT1, which is what I call RapeTax.

Mustn't be set up to take NT into it then. Wish I only had to do self assessment!!! :smiley:

Similar Thread Suggestions