Synchro Availability

S24nrc

Paid Member
Had a box rebuilt in 2021. 11 months later clutch slave started being iffy and dragging the clutch at high RPM. Rode it out through winter and looking to drop the box and fit a new clutch & slave, LSD, and refresh the synchro's that I have absolutely 0 faith in being in good nick.

Queue "Global Supply Shortage" and no stock of 3/4 synchro's and diff bearings for TL4's

Tried looking into TL4 076 in Merc Citans and Kangoo's to see if they use an equivalent part but not much out there and Merc have been pretty useless when we've called.

Are Tl4's now paper weights? Anyone heard anything about synchro's being available again in the near future? Do I need to carry out further man-maths to justify throwing a Meg swap in it?

I believe the synchro hub's are still available to buy. This includes 3rd and 4th synchro, along with all the other gubbins.
A bit expensive, but needs must. Part number is 7701769552

Reactions: S24nrc
I believe the synchro hub's are still available to buy. This includes 3rd and 4th synchro, along with all the other gubbins.
A bit expensive, but needs must. Part number is 7701769552

I had in my head that these were out of stock, I think I remember reading something on a Facebook thread at some point. Pure do them though so might drop them an email and see what they can do

Quick update.

Box failed earlier than planned and left me stranded in Friday rush hour :censored:

20230327_190942.jpg

I then decided to do the only sensible thing I could think of and bought an R26 conversion.

Reactions: Sean197