Swapping headlight "brackets"

Finally got hold of some projectors yesterday and I'm going to fit them tomorrow, does anyone know the best way of removing the rivets from the plastic bracket thing thats fixed to the bottom of the light as I need to swap them to the new ones?

Also, does the adjuster motor just pull off??

Cheers guys.

Last edited:
I drilled the rivets out and replaced them with a nut and bolt.

The adjuster motor twists off then you have to unhook it from the headlamp, this part will become clear once you've twisted it off

I did the same, but used self tappers and a spring clip. I think drilling them out is the only way - unless you just want to get new bumper support brackets from Renault?

Please be v. careful when changing over bulbs, levelling motor, etc. you will be so gutted if you scratch your new lamps before you even get them in the car. Also keep some Meguiars PlastRx to hand just in case.

Ok, anyone know what this wire is. It came off the bumper when I took it off, looks like its pulled off a plug somewhere, but there are no places I can see.

I'm wondering if its an earth wire???

photop.jpg

Runs to here on the battery

photo2xp.jpg

Cheers!

are you sure its a "wire" and not a vent tube for the battery when it gasses ???

I can't see any wires inside it, so hopefully it is this? I had no idea the batteries had this tbh!

Does it just hang inside the bumper then?

i would have thought it would be at least clipped in to position

The only wire going to the bumper is for the fog lights. When I removed my bumper I didn't have anything else to unplug.

Only other thing I can think of is a drain pipe for the area at the bottom of the windscreen but I doubt that would go as far as the bumper

there should be no wires in it just push it back up there mines the exact same way I'm not sure what its for though

It's all back together now, there was a small hole and clip in the base of the bumper, popped it in there as that looks like where it came from.

Cheers for all the replies though guys, will post up pics in my progress thread!

Yeah that's the drain for the battery, as you say it just clips in place.

Oh and I drilled the rivets out, they came out much easier than I expected. Wanted to rivet them back on but only had 2 rivets big enough, so put a bolt through the second hole on each which did the job!

Also, anybody know what the proper name for these screw things are? Plastic screw inside a sort of "lug". I lost one oops...

lights004a.jpg