Suspension change all round...how long?

I would have thought this also.

I got fed up changing wheels before and after every track day. This, would be a lot of effort.

This isn't something I'd intend on doing on the day, that would be mad LOL

Thoughts were I cold swap them over the weekend before, and swap them back the weekend after.

Interesting the differing opinions as to how difficult the job is...think I'll ask Mike at Rentech for the low down on what's involved.

Won't you have to geo it every time as well though? Sounds like ball ache job that will get left alone after a while. Not for me lol :smile:

well i tried this yesterday on my f1 which is 57 model, i tried the way people recommend and i have no idea why i tried it that way as it was a nightmare and a much easier way of doing it.

Remove the drop link from the sus strut, remove trackrod end, undo the big bolt which tightens the strut into the main hub area and hammer the strut out, took me 15 minutes in comparison to the 4 hours trying to remove all the ceased bolts .

Remove the drop link from the sus strut, remove trackrod end, undo the big bolt which tightens the strut into the main hub area and hammer the strut out, took me 15 minutes in comparison to the 4 hours trying to remove all the ceased bolts .

I don't understand, some people seem to be able to do it this way and some don't. There is no way in hell the struts were coming out of my hub like that, when the wishbone was a low as it could go there was still about 5cm of strut in the hubs.

Maybe the F1s have much shorter shocks or something

I'd go for the H&R coilovers mate, they now use the Koni FSD damping technology but I'mnot sure if its only for new car kits they're making or if the're using it throught their whole range.

FSD's are awesome though, we have them on 500 and it's so refined. Then if you lean on them a bit in the bends they certainly stiffen up. It's a shame they dont do them for 197/200

the way to do it is loosen the strut first then undo it from the 3 bolts at the top and then bang the strut upwards, you will move it a fair few inches, then bolt it back up to knock the remainder down and it will come out.

This is basically what I did, but the last bit wasn't possible, the remainder was a long way from freely coming out. About 5cm of the strut was still in the hub.

Would it not help if you got some spring compressors on the spring first, that way you can shorten the shock a few cm's?

yeh the wishbone might as been as low as possible, but you can still hammer the shock upwards if there is a gap between the top of the strut and the turret.