supersprint racing exhaust and flatspot

you might get a very small one if any at all but to be honest the pros seriously outweigh the cons with fitting an exhaust, for example i have a non-res decat scorpion and i get a bit of a flat spot (remap totally removed it) and i'd never take it off! so I'd go for it if i were you, its only when you decat or remove the silencer you get the flat spot really.

If you keep the cat and centre silencer, you will probably avoid a flat spot, but how often do you actually drive the car in 2.5k revs? which is where the flat spot generally occurs, hardly ever....

I've got the Supersprint racing centre and racing backbox, slight flat spot but it's not every single time. Wide throttle openings at low revs is when it does it but as Chris says, at 2.5k who gives a fadge? You dont notice it driving normally (often), you dont notice it when driving quickly (you'd be above 2.5k).

Its loud btw!!! :smiley: 93dB at Bedford it was recorded at, but inside is pretty boomy, though it's blowing at the mo so could be making it worse.

I've got the Supersprint racing centre and racing backbox, slight flat spot but it's not every single time. Wide throttle openings at low revs is when it does it but as Chris says, at 2.5k who gives a fadge? You dont notice it driving normally (often), you dont notice it when driving quickly (you'd be above 2.5k).

Its loud btw!!! :smiley: 93dB at Bedford it was recorded at, but inside is pretty boomy, though it's blowing at the mo so could be making it worse.

I'm gonna go for the Supersprint racing system soon mate. 93db is surprising loud. [emoji2] but I like loud, so it fine. Is that with a decat and manifold cat delete?

Also what the quality like? Is it really worth the extra money it costs, to say a Ktec or scorpion system?

Thats with both the pre cat and standard cat still in place. Christ knows what'll be like the end of the month when the pre cat goes and the standard cat becomes a sports cat :smiley:!

Quality is good, I've always had Supersprint so wanted to carry that on with this car, I've never seen a Ktec or Scorpion so can't comment.

Ok, won me over.
Does it appear on all exhaust systems? akrapovic? milltek?

If I will go on the supersprint system, do you recommend to stay with oroginal centre silencer or go on the supersprint one?
Remember, I want the least amount of flatspot.

Akrapovic doesn't get the flat spot, but it's tripple the price of most.

i have a scorpion resonated with the cat and have no flat spot, still sounds awesome, just not as loud as a system without the silencer or cat.

I had at first only a Supersprint racing back box, no flat spot. Loud but not too bad, some nice pops, but I wanted more! Added the racing centre, small intermitent flat spot. Lots of nice noise though, yet I want more still! So am ditching the manifold, pre cat and standard cat, foolish? most probably!

You could always by a resonated Supersprint centre pipe, that 'probably' wont give you a flat spot.

The good thing with the Akra is it's a perfect fit and forget system, but thing I dont like about the Akra is if you are aiming for the best and happy to swap manifolds etc then the Supersprint is better. The Akra ditches the cat, the R3 manifold ditches the pre-cat, so if you buy an Akra and later change the manifold, you'll need to cut up the Akra for a sports cat - which having the centre box there is a pain.

But as 99% of people dont change manifolds, let alone to an R3 - get what ever you can afford frankly. Also just get it mapped whatever and problem solved.

I understand Thanks for everything.
I have no intention to change manifolds, probably buy the supersprint racing back box and leave the rest of the original system.

Just so you know, I'm from Israel, here the Akra (evo) and the Supersprint (racing backbox + Connecting exit pipes kit + Centre pipe) is only 100 Pounds difference.
I just think that Supersprint sounds much much better.