Supersprint (Race) anyone got one?

GrumpyTwig

"the troll hunter" with added boost!
As above has anyone got one of the supersprint exhaust systems fitted? More specifically the race one?

heard very good things about the SS. supposedly a tad louder than the Akrapovic when gunning it and @ cruising speeds.

there is a spanking video of one on a yellow 200 on youtube

sounds ace

Me however im happy with my Akro :smile:

I have the race system on mine :smile: I went with the resonated centre pipe instead of the full straight through as without it the car sounds really raspy.. read ricer..

On startup or idling the car just purrs really deep, on acceleration its loud but not boomy. The yellow one on youtube dosent have the resonated centre pipe, for me its way to raspy for normal driving.

The only negative is at cruising, it can be slightly intrusive. When driving at 110km/hr (our highway speed) it can be boomy if you have a heavy foot - i.e. very slowly accelerating, if you use the minimum amount of pressure on the pedals to maintain the speed then it sounds like normal.

I think Im going to dynamatt the boot though

This is the thing over here, I don't really think the Akra is going to be £400? better than the supersprint :s

Still not sure I'll even get one because I'm crap at making purchase decisions....

3000 Australian dollars! Strewth!

What's the Exchange rate from sterling to USD?

yep it's about that, we get ripped big big big time on cars over here. We pay massive retails for them but they do hold their value a lot better. The cars you guys can get a hold of for 5-10k is ridiculous (something like a 6 year old BMW z4 over here goes for 35-40+ thousand bucks!). In all honesty though when you factor in our higher average wage ect then we're not too badly done by... and we get more sun XD

But honestly the SS race exhaust with custom tune.... ooh so sweet! No more cold start problems, incredible power and a sound that makes me grin every time I turn the key :smile:

Last edited: