Summer plans

My 8j speedlines will be powdercoated anthracite (currently white) in the next few weeks, then all going well the rebuilt Megane engine will be fitted in the last week of July. Also considering slightly shorter and stiffer rear springs for my B14s.

Going to get the wheels on the 197 powder coated again and bolsters repaired and all brakes done and try and get the track car sorted.

Mot & service, fit non-res scorpion, new tyres, poly bush torque arm and remove upper engine mount, maybe fit gearbox mount! Track day at Clio fest

Ideally:
- rear windows tinted
- Hekos purchased and fitted
- Sprint spoiler purchased and fitted
- alloys powder coated
- Scorpion resonated cat back exhaust system purchased and fitted
- Powerflex engine mounts purchased and fitted
- full decontaminating and machine polishing of the paintwork
- Eibachs purchased and fitted
- if initial talks with Mega Carbon are successful and genuine carbon wing mirror covers become available - purchase and fit them
- drive the absolute hell out of it!

I suspect that a lot of this list may end up not getting competed though. :worried:

Last edited:
-I've just had Powerflex inserts fitted - upper torque, lower engine and gearbox.
-I'd love to get a Scorpion resonated cat-back also. On the lookout for one at a decent price at the moment. [MENTION=40637]Beany-08gt[/MENTION] I might be cheeky and ask for a listen of your non-res when you get it fitted, to see what that's like as another option :wink:
-The long-awaited wheel refurb...
-Paint the rusty brake hubs black...starting tomorrow

Yeah @jimmyd81 It'll be a couple of weeks yet before it goes on but I'll pop down / take you for a spin when it's all done

Wheels refurbed
Decision between scorpion non-resonated, resonated or just silencer delete and then fit
Cup spoiler bought and fit
General service (oil, oil filter, gearbox oil, air filter, spark plugs)
A/C recharge (if its just empty :thumbdown:smile:
2 new rear wheels (Goodyear Eagle F1AS3)
Full swirl removal and stone chip repair

Should be finished then, hopefully...

B14 Coilovers
Powerflex Lower Engine Mount
New Steering Wheel (or re-trim)
Would love a Cat Back Scorpion but that probably next year

Manifold and system fitted.
Uprated Engine / Gearbox mounts on.
Remap.
Bonnet / front bumper respray.
Sound system upgrade.

Wheels refurbed
Decision between scorpion non-resonated, resonated or just silencer delete and then fit
Cup spoiler bought and fit
General service (oil, oil filter, gearbox oil, air filter, spark plugs)
A/C recharge (if its just empty :thumbdown:smile:
2 new rear wheels (Goodyear Eagle F1AS3)
Full swirl removal and stone chip repair

Should be finished then, hopefully...

why not put the new tyres on the front?

Fronts have got brand new F1AS3's, I just want them all round :smiley: Rears still have a little life left in them. A bit scary going around a corner and losing the rear end :tongueout:

Last edited:
Fixed back bucket seat and harness which i'm currently trying to sort out. Some track day tyres for the two that i've got coming up (Bedford evening in June and Rockingham full day in July) and a roadtrip around Scotland in early September, if that still counts as summer!

Similar Thread Suggestions