Suitable for all ages...

Not sure if anyone else has noticed the sheer number of "elderly" people drive 197/200's. Maybe it's just in Bath but seen some 80 plus people in them, even got a friendly wave from one :smile:

I've seen a few with middle aged female drivers lately.

Think people go into dealers and just ask for the best or most expensive clios without really knowing what they are buying.

My mothers 57 and she's got a 200, and yes it's probably not gone over 3k (well not with me in the car!)

met a retired bloke with a 200 who said he bought his after driving his sons 197...my dad wants to buy my meg when i move on and he's 67!

i guess in some cases the older generation go in to buy a Clio and the sales team manage to 'up sell' them to the top of the range!

My old dear is just over 60 and roll is a white 200!!

I saw a 200 in front of me once so drove up along side it and beeped, I was then so shocked to see a women of about 55 I sped off screaming :tongueout:anic:

All this thread tells me is that i should have waited a year or two more and i could have picked up a decent low mileage 197/200 from an oap for a decent price!

But seriously there are a few out there, other than the odd mid life crisis you don't tend to see 57+ men driving a focus ST or civic type R. Then again an ageing car enthusiast can drive whatever they want, i know ill be hitting up some crazy cars when I'm that age!

I met a retired chap with a 197 at Cadwell last year, track car. I think he sold it now though.

Doesn't MikeH have a Clio and he is over a thousands years old.

I was the other way, my mum bought hers I drove it and thought I'd have one myself as I loved it. The thing is she knew what she was buying, but I didn't know much about them at all.

My dad had a 197 before i got my 200 as his weekend car. He was 55 at the time, it had a Miltek decat, recaros, white speedlines and no back seats. I called it his midlife crisis but why not if you enjoy it :wink:

Mine was owned by a woman in her 40s before I bought it, seen quite a few older people driving them around here too

My dad had a 197 before i got my 200 as his weekend car. He was 55 at the time, it had a Miltek decat, recaros, white speedlines and no back seats. I called it his midlife crisis but why not if you enjoy it :wink:
My dad told me that he started to hate the whole auto-industry once he sat in my 200 Cup... LoL..
And he had some CARS in the 70's, 80's and 90's..

Can't imagine him ever driving Clio.. Clio Sport drivers are mainly below 35 as much as I know..

Doesn't MikeH have a Clio and he is over a thousands years old.

I only look over a thousand years old, im still in my 30s!

On a side note the meg guys we were with at cadwell on saturday, included a father and son who both have a gw r26r, the dad was 72!!