Subwoofer

Has anybody installed a sub and amp into their 200t?
I'm seriously considering it, but only a small under seat active type sub, purely to give the stereo a little added depth.

I'm sure I have seen that it can be done, but i'm not sure on how difficult it is with the standard stereo etc

TIA

Not a 200t but I have a pioneer under seat sub for my 197 and honestly, for someone that has a real hard time fighting between keeping the car light and having decent audio I really can't complain. I was expecting a light 'thud' at best, but it really does make a difference. You can't expect car shaking bass from such small, low powered drivers but I don't think you'll be disappointed. Do your research and I'm sure you'll be happy.

This is what I have, along with an alpine headunit. Installation should be relatively straightforward, I'm sure most come with high and low inputs so even if you don't have rca outputs you can get an output from the main speaker wires.

Reactions: Gearytez
Not a 200t but I have a pioneer under seat sub for my 197 and honestly, for someone that has a real hard time fighting between keeping the car light and having decent audio I really can't complain. I was expecting a light 'thud' at best, but it really does make a difference. You can't expect car shaking bass from such small, low powered drivers but I don't think you'll be disappointed. Do your research and I'm sure you'll be happy.

This is what I have, along with an alpine headunit. Installation should be relatively straightforward, I'm sure most come with high and low inputs so even if you don't have rca outputs you can get an output from the main speaker wires.

Thanks mate, looks like the one I've actually been looking at. I have a setup in my 197 but wanted a more minimal one for the 200t. It's literally the stereo itself that will stump me i think

Thanks mate, looks like the one I've actually been looking at. I have a setup in my 197 but wanted a more minimal one for the 200t. It's literally the stereo itself that will stump me i think
I have a hard time trying to keep it minimal, but the subwoofer really was a great improvement for such little weight. What part of the stereo do you need help with?

Politely high jacking this post if I may? I am currently installing a Phoenix Gold active underseat sub in my 197. I'm having an issue in that when the sub is running none of my speakers work? When I disconnect the sub the speakers work again?

Politely high jacking this post if I may? I am currently installing a Phoenix Gold active underseat sub in my 197. I'm having an issue in that when the sub is running none of my speakers work? When I disconnect the sub the speakers work again?
How have you wired it up?

Yeah all wired up. Separate power and earth cables. Rca and remote wire to active sub. Each speaker system works however not together.

What aftermarket head unit are you using? Some come with 6 RCA pre-outs for FL, FR, RL, RR and dedicated Subwoofer.

If yours only has 2 or 4 RCA preouts and you have connected to the front left and front right, your head unit may automatically cut out the standard speakers (connected to your ISO) and send the audio signal through the RCA pre-outs only.

Send some details on your exact head-unit model, which wiring kit you used and how you have the amplifier connected to the head unit and hopefully we'll be able to make more sense of the setup.

For example - "When I disconnect the sub the speakers work again?" - what exactly are you disconnecting from the sub? The RCA plugs?

Hi Frank, thanks for the detailed response.

Head unit is a Sony dsx-a410bt with 4 RCA outputs. Head unit is wired using a Sony specific iso harness. I connected the red to red and the white to white if that makes sense. I tried the other outputs which didn't work if I remember rightly...

When I refer to disconnecting the sub I am simply removing the rca cables.

Cheers

When you say you connect to another output and it doesn't work, do you have an in menu option to turn the sub on or off? My alpine has that and without it turned on the subwoofer won't receive a signal. That's a possibility, so double check you've got the RCA's connected to the correct output, it should be labelled SW. I've not experienced it before as I double check the RCA's before putting everything back in, but as Frank has said, it could be cutting signal to the speakers if it's detecting something being connected to the RCA output, one of my old kenwood units did this.

Similar Thread Suggestions