strut brace

dangerdaz

Platinum Member
Guys
I fancy fitting the ultra strut brace. However i have kw topmounts. Will these make any difference to fitment at all?

yup forgot about that lol im sure there is a dude from croatia on here with a red 197 thats fitted a front/rear and the undercarage one but i can remember his forum name

:chair:

You'll feel the difference, I guarantee you. And no, I had no problems with the fitting although I have KW V3 coilovers. ;9

Thoughts on the rear arb?

Can't tell you to buy it or not to because I had my engine running in period so I couldn't drive fast and in the meantime I got used to it (I had the RARB & rear strut bar fitted). I guess it can't do much harm.

Concerning the weight of the car - I had the car weighted on digital scales and it showed the same weight before & after the fitting of FARB, RARB, front/rear strut bar because I had the Y-pipe and decat installed in the meantime so the total weight of those bars equals total weight of a stock precat & Miltek sportcat. How much is it? Don't know but it can't be more than 10kg. IMO.

I've just fitted one of the rear braces this week and the only difference i've noticed up to yet is that i can't get my spare wheel in the boot now :chair:

ultra_brace004.jpg

I've not driven it too hot yet with it fitted but it is light, hardly any weight to it.

Lower front brace next. :thumbup: