Straight through pipe

Hi all,

looking for a straight through pipe to bypass the centre silencer. Don't want to cut it out because then I am stuck with it. I am pretty sure super sprint do one. Or do you think its cheaper to try and buy the pipe second hand and get it cut out by an exhaust company?

As mark says go through an exhaust company, done a really good job on mine for a fraction of the price :thumbup:

Cheers. does the standard exhaust have 2 joins? One after the 2 cats and one in between the backbox and centre box? Or are they welded so you would need to cut them out anyway? Can you two revert back to standard quite easily? How much did you two pay?

Cheers

They will cut it out i would of thought or drop the rear axle,If you want to revert back to standard they will just put a sleeve on the cuts quite easily.

Yeah I think Ryan's right so may as well go exhaust place to get it done and then back there if I ever want to go back to factory standard.

So if I wanna keep the cats in tact and be able to revert back to factory I will have to weld anyway is that correct that the standard exhaust is one piece from the cat back?

Yes that's correct bud I got mine cut before the cat right back to after the silencer in one go then a tube welded in paid about £70 quid ish sounds very raspy now :thumbup:

Not a great vid but you will get the ideal

http://youtu.be/TCK3wFCRoUo

this will make your flat spot worse but I love the noise :jump1:

Last edited:
Meh flat spot what flat spot. I only drive my car at weekends and that's around either B roads or town so I'm either under 2.5k revs in town, cruising on B roads at 2.5k or blasting at 4k+ therefore flatspot is not a problem

Meh flat spot what flat spot. I only drive my car at weekends and that's around either B roads or town so I'm either under 2.5k revs in town, cruising on B roads at 2.5k or blasting at 4k+ therefore flatspot is not a problem

Best way to kill the flatspot FLATOUT LOL

Decided I am going to do this myself. 1metre stainless steel pipe, two exhaust clamps. That way I can change it over easily too.

Exactly what iv done and I saved some of the new pipe to make 2 sleves that way if I ever put the silencer back in I can put one on either end and clamp it back in place, youl need the pipe to have an internal diameter of 61mm and clean the exhaust with some emery tape and it slides on a dream :smile:

I'm going to buy to pipe connectors then cut a piece of 61mm pipe to the same size as the silencer then can interchange between the two quite easily