Stereo Removal

Hello all

I am trying to remove my head unit as i bought the car with a brodit fitted and i want to remove it. I bought some Autoleads pc5-93-h removal keys but have a feeling, after a bit of research, they are for Audi's?

I have managed to unlock the right hand side but cant for the life of my get the left side undone. Does anyone know from experience if i am using the correct keys? If so, is there a particular way to do the right side or if not which key do i need?

Excuse my ignorance, really appreciate any help!

Cheers
Dan

I have the Cabasse stereo and used the same keys as for my old Audi A4, so possibly the same ones. You know they go in the opposite way around, i.e. a mirror image of each other? Slide it in with the curve facing inwards and tug outwards.

Yeah i had them the opposite way round. Like i said the left side came out fine and dandy but the right side was a bugger. I'll have another bash!

get a flat driver and a cloth and prize the whole centre console out mate its easily accessible when this is out.

It's a tight fit, you need to bend the keys before fitting them in so that they put extra pressure on the release mech, and try to keep the stereo straight when pulling it out.

I'm surprised no one has tried this before, there's no need for any special keys. Just get a coat hanger and brake/bend yourself 2 keys. Its easier if you make them longer since you get more leverage and it makes the radio slide out super easy.

I just shoved mine in that i got with my AUX cable kit that i bought for the Clio. Came out as easy as pie!

I'm surprised no one has tried this before, there's no need for any special keys. Just get a coat hanger and brake/bend yourself 2 keys. Its easier if you make them longer since you get more leverage and it makes the radio slide out super easy.

Doesn't work with Cabasse as you need flat keys - slots at the bottom, rather than pairs of holes at the sides.

Similar Thread Suggestions