Steam from engine bay

Hi all, new to the forum and not sure if I’m posting this in the right place but here goes..
Picked up my new (to me) mk3 200 last Sunday, loving the car but have a question I’m hoping someone can answer,
Drove the car home last Sunday (1 hour) all good no issues atall opened the bonnet after driving home had another poke around and happy days. The car then sat all week outside at work untill this evening where I drove it home, done a few miles and after pulling up noticed some steam from under bonnet, opened it up and seemed to be a small amount coming from drivers headlight/rad/expansion bottle area.
Didn’t smell or taste like coolant and levels and temperature where spot on, wondering if it’s rain water where the cars been sat around all week? The steam wasn’t pressurised or anything. I Found a couple of old threads on here with the same issue but no real answers, any help is appreciated!

Definitely not normal, I'd keep an eye on it. Probably got a minor leak from somewhere if it happens again, especially considering how it's coming from the radiator side. Might be easier to spot from underneath with the under tray off.

thanks for reply, been using car more regularly and hasn’t done it since, fluid level hasn’t changed either and underside of car is nice and dry so putting it down to stagnant rain water.

Reactions: Cento186