Standard Brake Discs

richandgem

Platinum Member
Ive recently been looking for some new discs for the 182 and after some digging found out that all Brembo discs are HC (high carbon) as standard. The udgrade is the Brembo max.

I thought you all might be interested as I know there been some confusion as some retailer say that HC discs are an upgrade to the standard disc.

I'll soon be able to tell you about the quality of the material when I machine the set I've brought for the 182 :smile:

Some info, these are down as original Renault:
http://www.bremboshop.co.uk/brembo-...t--rs--2006-front-discs-09890410_p4137784.htm

This info is sent with the discs:
http://www.bremboshop.co.uk/sites/BremboMax/leafletinpack.pdf

Thats useful advice Rich thanks mate! It was something I had been wondering actually, there are so many different sites saying different stuff about them, I had got well confused!

Can you just clarift for me if the link to the discs is for the 197 or the 182, only reason I ask is that it says MK III but it also says 2006> which I take to mean before 2006??? Or am I confused again lol! :blink:

the first link is the discs for the 197 (you can tell as they are 312 in diameter).

> is the greater than symbol, which means 2006 onwards :wink:

the first link is the discs for the 197 (you can tell as they are 312 in diameter).

> is the greater than symbol, which means 2006 onwards :wink:

Thats an amazing price then after seeing some others over the past few weeks, I guess it pays to go direct!

Cheers for clearing that up, I looked again and yeah its pretty straightforward lol ;/

Thats an amazing price then after seeing some others over the past few weeks, I guess it pays to go direct!

Cheers for clearing that up, I looked again and yeah its pretty straightforward lol ;/

If the quality is good, which lets face it they should be as good as the ones Renault supply then it'll be good for me as I can do people better deals on the grooving front :smile:

If the quality is good, which lets face it they should be as good as the ones Renault supply then it'll be good for me as I can do people better deals on the grooving front :smile:

Lol that is exactly what I was think of... :thumbup1: