Squirming under hard breaking

Cool, thanks :smile:

Just seen them on k-tecs webiste for £106 for a set. Are they cheaper anywhere else?

Last edited:
What about pad deposits? would it not be best to do discs as well? i.e drilled or grooved?

I dont really have much of a clue on this stuff btw, just what ive read else where.

I've got grooved discs with carbone lorraine RC5 pads. I do get some pad deposits but this is much reduced if you use the handbrake when stopped instead of staying on the brake pedal (Deposits are hot pad material transfering to the disc). But, KTEC have told me this isn't such a problem with the new RC5+ compound.

I can't remember who but someone on here was using pagid pads and had no problems with deposits but they are more expensive.

The advantage of CL or pagid pads is that they're carbon metallic meaning they work amazingly well from cold

Cool thanks, will be looking into it for sure. Reckon they'll need replacing by end of summer so got bit of time yet :smile:

Oh, and just been back onto k-tec website and it says £106 on the list page but then when you click on them it says they're £142 :worried:.......weird

Last edited:
Yeah just what I thought pretty much tbh, this is just fast road driving... i.e. not emergency stop level but going along at a fair ol'rate.

I might tracking checked also, cheers.

If the tracking is out and you brake hard you will probably get a rolling sensation as if the car feels unbalanced because the toe is out of line.

The 200 cup chassis is a pretty solid and planted and even under heavy breaking it should feel balanced (that's what makes it such a good car!). I doubt it's the brakes...probably you just you hit a pothole and need the alignment correcting.

Standard 197 or 200 suspension is a different ball game, the damping is softer so the force of breaking will cause it to roll around more.

Last edited:
Cool thanks, will be looking into it for sure. Reckon they'll need replacing by end of summer so got bit of time yet :smile:

Oh, and just been back onto k-tec website and it says £106 on the list page but then when you click on them it says they're £142 :worried:.......weird

It's £106 for the rears, get them from camskill.

Avoid buying things from Ktec as it's mostly rebranded/overpriced.

I've noticed this a few times now...

When out for a blast and giving it the beans, I get a lot of squirming under hard breaking from the front (car moving side to side). My old cars Fiesta ST/Focus RS were not this bad...

Is this just a character of the car with such large front brakes? I guess it could be the road surface but I've noticed it a fair bit on different roads... I guess I need to test on a smooth road.

I have checked the tyre pressures and they seem fine (33PSI at the front 31psi at the rear) tyres are the std conti sport contact 3's.

It's a little unnerving! Anyone else have this?

Cheers!

Your brakes might not be balanced. This happens when the pads on one side of the vehicle exert more pressure and brake stronger. This is something that is tested as part of an Mot. Its is quite easy to rectify by either replacing the pads if required or cleaning them if the pads are sticking.

They squeak like mad sometimes when slowing down slowly in towns etc? is that just the build up of brake dust or are they sticking?

Need stripping and some copper grease applying I think. Car is only 8months old and done 4k miles lol.

I hate that squeaking sound lol. The same happened to mine after I bought it. It was doing an annoying squeaking sound at low speeds and the car didnt hold well under hard braking. I got the brakes cleaned and changed the pads and it was fine. Hopefully a clean should do the trick. I only had to get the pads changed because 2 of them had split which was causing them to stick.

Last edited:
They squeak like mad sometimes when slowing down slowly in towns etc? is that just the build up of brake dust or are they sticking?

Need stripping and some copper grease applying I think. Car is only 8months old and done 4k miles lol.

brake squeal is the result of pad vibration rather than "dust" build up

they need removing - cleaning and a small amount of copperslip or similar putting on the pad mounting points to stop it

I wish copper grease would stop the carbone lorraines squealing! Seems to work for about a day lol