Sprint Booster Gen 2

ryan197

POW right in the kisser
Platinum Member
My sprint booster gen 2 came friday, fitted friday night, all i can say is, its frigging brillilant, especially on the red setting, revs ever so better, even on the green setting, still got to get used to it thou when on the red setting, can get quite jerky. lol.

Revs better, are you sure? All they do is adjust the throttle signal to the ECU.. shouldn't have any impact to the engine performance at all.

Rich

Hmm odd, the one thing I wouldn't bitch about on the RS200 is the throttle response. Throttle response should have nothing to do with how the engine revs though, full throttle is full throttle spint booster or not.

If you like it, it's money well spend though :smile:

Rich

sometimes there is "lag" in the pedla. from hitting the go go pedal to the power actually stopping. i think this is what ryan197 meant

like jonesy said, there is quite alot of lag from when you press the pedal to when the car responds, its hard to explain without trying it, i recon a worth while mod.

Who's bitching about it? The sprint booster actually opens the throttle body all the way instead of only 70% of the way when you plant your foot. There for it it makes the engine rev more freely.

Are you seriously saying the throttle opens 70% when you floor the accelerator? or is this in their marketing blurb?

Not saying it's a bad thing, hell, never used one, but from a technical point of view, when people are complaining about kargerooing from the agreesive throttle response I'd need to try before I buy :smile:

I'm always wary of reviews on things like this. It's like selling snake oil... people will swear it was good value to save face and being an old fart (33) I'm naturally sceptical about this stuff as RenaultSport could have easily have mapped the throttle more agressively if they thought it would make a better 'all around' car.

Rich

I got mine Friday and fitted it Friday and I would recommend every 197 owner gets one they are amazing. Makes the car so much more driveable. I dnt know how the theory works behind it so I won't join the on going debate above buy in practice this is a must had mod imo of course

If renaultsport wanted to make the car better, they would have just mapped to go quicker. Like any remapping companies. But they don't for various reasons like fuel economy.

At the end of the day people with this mod and people who have actually experienced this seem to love it

Yeah the mapping thing is a bit different though as a UK-based mapping company doesn't really give two hoots if it runs well on Italian fuel in 40oC weather, where RenaultSport probably have to. Take out all the variables in fuel, temps and emmission regulations and it's probably relatively easy to find a few more BHP. Bare in mind that most maps probably give you 5bhp peak and maybe 10nm peak, so nothing life changing for £250+

Jonsey: interested to hear about the euro 5 regs as my car does seem to have a few dead spots in the map :worried:

Just to repeat what I have said.. I have nothing against SprintBoosters, if they work - great, I would have thought a remap would adjust these settings as well then?

Last edited:
I wrote on here about the sprintbooster....as I said previously, 20 years of moddin' cars, this is quite simply the best mod I've fitted 'pound for pound' (i've now fitted 3 or 4 to different cars) bar none......

All drivebywire cars will have a slight electronic delay, never really noticed it in the clio, was quite bad in my previous passat though.

Gonna be getting mine remapped soon, so would you still recomend one?

ive got mods and remap, and i can tell this does sharpen up the response alot.

ive been able to quickly put my foot to the floor and back up without the car doing a thing so people saying the cars dont have lag try doing that lol

how much are these booster things and where are they coming from???